Orbx on Big Monitor-but day to day on the same monitor - Excel, etc?

boleyd

If I buy a 42" HDTV 1080P for Orbx/P3d will the resolution (dots/inch) be sufficient to look at a spreadsheet if it is the same size as it would be on my little 24" monitor? Another issue is the temptation to use the big screen for more windows and you end up confusing yourself.

i used a 39 inch hdtv for a year,i recently purchased a lg gaming monitor, it was hard going down to a 27 inch screen from the 39 but the visuals are night and day compared to a tv,i was actually shocked,i was trying to fix blurries on the tv that didn't exist on the monitor.text looks horrible on a large tv, especially if you sit up close like i do.

If I had the room to install it I would have my 40" TV for FSX at the back of the desk, with the 27" monitor for computing work on a balanced arm that I could slide in front of the TV, with a display switching box to make the changeovers hassle-free.  Unfortunately my desk space is limited so I make do with the 27" monitor.

There's a new 32" VA panel making the rounds with monitor manufacturers right now. It uses a 2560 x 1440 resolution, and has about the same pixel density (ppi) as a 24" 1920 x 1200 monitor. I picked one up and absolutely love it. I'm brand new to these forums, and am unsure about link rules, so just do a search for "32 inch va panel 1440p" , and you can see a few of the new monitors available. They're not as big as a 42 inch TV, but I think they are an amazing combo of practically TV size with PC monitor performance.

Have been using Samsung 42", 120hz - for three years.  Won't go back.

I also use it for Illustrator / Photoshop and it works fine.

With my Samsung, I am able to do a custom resolution in NVidia CP to 120 hz, and it is outstanding.

You get one, you will never go back - IMHO

you  can post a link,i am curious what it looks like,what did you pay for it?

Looks like $779.00US

i used a 39 inch hdtv for a year,i recently purchased a lg gaming monitor, it was hard going down to a 27 inch screen from the 39 but the visuals are night and day compared to a tv,i was actually shocked,i was trying to fix blurries on the tv that didn't exist on the monitor.text looks horrible on a large tv, especially if you sit up close like i do.

Some TVs in the 39" range are only 720P.

I guess that I could just use my 24" monitor for the "practical stuff".

Archived