Orbx Brisbane not installing

CORR3RAZOR

I bought OBRX Brisbane today expecting it to be a very good and easy product to use, i was wrong. I have installed it and uninstalled then reinstalled it and still cant get the scenery to show in game (Im only getting default) and this is really frustrating me. And many people say i need 'FTX Central' to install the scenery but i do not have it, I only have FTX Day, FTX Night, ORBX YBBN Control panel and FTX Aero FSX. Any suggestions?

Thanks

FSS0318541 - order number.

As far as I know, most (if not all) ORBX airports need their "mother" scenery installed. It warns you about that on the FTX site and (I just checked) on the FSS store page. As a "first-time buyer" I suppose that's an easy one to miss. It' not exactly small print, but it's there!

I'm nothing to do with ORBX (other than being a "consumer") - but I'd heartily recommend any of the "main" FTX products. I've bought dozens of aircraft or utility add-ons, but they all have to "fly" *somewhere* so I reckon it's money well spent. Buy FTX AU - you won't regret it!

Adam.

So is Australia SP4 All of the parts of Australia? 

The FSS site says this:

This is an Orbx FTX airport, and as such a copy of Orbx FTX: AU Gold Subtropical East or FTX Australia must be installed prior to use.

... so ... you can go cheap and just go for "AU Gold" - or get the whole set.

I'm not sure why you're coming over so abusive. If you look around this forum you'll see a lot of of friendly and helpful stuff going on - with plenty of contributions from ORBX staff. I don't think putting their backs up helps anyone ;)

Adam.

Oh - I almost forgot, in the rush to answer your question - welcome!

Sorry if i am coming across angry. I am only young and have been saving for 3 months to buy the Brisbane scenery now i find out i need another $50 almost 

Ouch!

Sometimes ORBX dump their old DVD stocks cheap (not sure whether that's still on offer for AU) ... and sometimes they do the odd sale. Not much consolation for you right now, I suppose.

I just checked the FSS site. Their link to the old FTX Gold is broken (presumably none of those areas are available any more). Not good. I suppose if you feel strongly enough about all this, get onto FSS and tell them their site is incorrect and/or confusing. They may offer a full refund or maybe a goodwill discount for FTX AU (full). You never know! Just don't tell I sent ya :lol:

Adam.

According to the YBBN User Guide you can get it to work in the default scenery, it won't have full functionality nor will it blend in to the landscape but you should be able to use it:

Go to Page 8 of the User Manual and follow the instructions on Manual Scenery Library Configuration CAREFULLY. 

(This assumes they haven't changed anything since I got my YBBN).

It's a good combination, well worth saving for.  Could you borrow the SP4 money and save later so to speak?  Anyway once you get it it will transform your flying in Australia.  HAve you been to the OZx site to check out all the freeware scenery, as well as the free airports here at ORBX?  You get a lot of bang for your buck once you've invested in the SP4 scenery, and considering it's 10,000,000 sq km for under $50, I think it's outstanding value!

Hi CORR3RAZOR and welcome to the forum,

I can only imagine how much information there is for a newcomer to take in, but hang in there you're in the right place. Lots of fine people willing to help here.

There is a PDF document as part of your YBBN Airport Download, read Page 6 which explains the pre-requsite requirements, carefully read through the rest of the document which will help you set up your sim & sliders for the best overall experience. You Can also DL a copy of this PDF  https://www.fullterrain.com/product/ybbn click the Documents Tab then the download Button to DL the .Zipped YBBN Userguide PDF.

When you have sorted out when you will be able to purchase Australia SP4, to fully integrate  "FTX YBBN Brisbane" properly into the surrounding terrain, might I also suggest going to the fullterrain.com website https://www.fullterrain.com/freeware and Download the "Freeware AU Holgermesh"  which is also a necessary inclusion, to complement the Australia SP4 Region, It will give you a better overall experience. Lots of bumpy bits to make things look even better. You can also Download AU SP4.003 cumulative Service Pack if the Australia SP4 does not include AU SP.003  from the very top of the Support page: https://www.fullterrain.com/support

Oh' and I almost forgot, you will need to install the Latest OrbxLibraries for your SIM either for FSX & P3D1x or P3D2x currently v140927, at the very bottom of the support page here: https://www.fullterrain.com/support

This must be installed last thing after you have, Australia SP4 + AU SP4.003, YBBN, and HolgerMesh, installed. Read or ask questions about how to use the FTXCentral facility and you will be enjoying the wonderful world of FTX ORBX in Australia along with YBBN Brisbane AP.

Archived