New Zealand South island

MAGPIE

Just joined so hopefully am in right section. Have installed New Zealand North Island successfully but when I install South Island it goes well until a message comes up saying decompression error # 2029

Please help!!! Or direct me to an appropriate section!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I am still having trouble with installing the South Island of New Zealand. As It installs it gets to section and stops every time when it says. Program files\ ....\4_mesh_multiLOD4_12_FTX_NZSI_section5bgl

It then says a decompression has occurred # 2029 And then gives u the option to abort retry or ignore.

None of the options then work . It should be noted that the North Island has been successfully installed and works.

I was then advised to copy the contents of the DVD onto the hard drive and try installing it from there so I did that and it still stalls at the exact spot.

Please help if u can but I am not a computer expert so please keep it simple!

Thank u!!

As this problem has not been solved how do I go about getting a refund for this South Island disc. Have bought heaps of stuff from flight sim before and never had had problems before and hope to continue to buy the orbx software! Thanks.

As this problem has not been solved how do I go about getting a refund for this South Island disc. Have bought heaps of stuff from flight sim before and never had had problems before and hope to continue to buy the orbx software! Thanks.

I'm not an ORBX support person, but I am a very keen NZ simmer, so I've had all the ORBX NZ sceneries from day one. I can't bear to hear someone missing out on NZSI!

When you copied all the files off the DVD to some temporary folder on your HD, did you get any errors? If the DVD itself is damaged/corrupt in any way then it would show at that stage. Also - are you running as Admin - or running the installer with Admin rights?

I wonder whether your DVD sale could be "converted" to an online version, so you could download the files.

You never actually said whether you tried Holger's suggestion - and checked for enough hard drive space. It does sound (to me) like that may be your problem.

Adam.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a problem with the download file "OrbxFTXNZSI130.zip".

Today I have now downloaded the file about 4 times with the free download manager.
The download is progressing well and in 10 minutes the 3.1 GB file is downloaded but every time I want unzip the file I get the following error message (from Winzip and also from 7Zip).

zip-error.jpg

There is a CRC error in File FTXNZSI130.7 so the decompression aborted.

Hi there,

the only thing I can think of is that it's important to clear the browser and download caches prior to making a new attempt otherwise the download manager won't get a clean start and may well get stuck in the same groove like a broken record. Sometimes, just selecting a different download folder location helps too.

Last but not least make sure this isn't an issue with limited harddrive space.

Cheers, Holger

Archived