Error in NZMF control panel after NZSI patch 003

gr.eg

Hi,

As mentionned in another topic, there are some errors in NZMF control panel when clicking on those 3 options:

- PeopleFlow: Disabled -> OK / Default or Dense: "could not switch option default / dense"

- NZMF Static GA Aircraft: Disabled -> OK / Default or Dense: "could not switch option default / dense"

- Orcas: "could not switch option orcas"

And the choices made aren't backuped (they're backuped only if you put the values that the CP seems to wait for, respectively Disabled / Disabled / Off).

The order of installations have been:

1/ nzsi, nzni, nzmf, nzqn, nzsi patch 2: NZMF CP is OK! (all is OK in fact)

2/ nzsi patch 3: elevation pb with nzmf and nzqn :(

3/ nzmf, nzqn: elevation pb gone!

4/ nzsi new triple installer: I detect the pb with NZMF CP; but note that perhaps it has appeared at step 3!

Thank you.

I can't edit the previous post => please, read:

The order of installations have been:
1/ nzsi, nzni, nzmf, nzqn, orbxlibs: NZMF CP is OK! (all is OK in fact) ; later: nzsi patch 2, orbxlibs: all is OK
2/ nzsi patch 3, orbxlibs: elevation pb with nzmf and nzqn
3/ nzmf, nzqn, orbxlibs: elevation pb gone! but I detect the pb with NZMF CP
4/ nzsi new triple installer, orbxlibs: (just to try...) no elevation pb but the NZMF CP pb still remains.

What can I do? Thank you.

This is quite easy to fix. What has happened was when you re-installed NZMF your CP options were switched to non-default options so what you have now is doubled up files.

Go to the ORBX\FTX_NZ\FTX_AA_NZMF\Scenery 

Find same name files that have these 2 extensions:

.bgl

.bgl.OFF

For example:

trafficOrbxOrcasNZMF.bgl & trafficOrbxOrcasNZMF.bgl.OFF

There should only be one instance of the file name with either extension, so where you find doubles, simply delete one.

OR

Delete all contents from the ORBX\FTX_NZ\FTX_AA_NZMF\Scenery folder and re-install NZMF.

This is quite easy to fix. What has happened was when you re-installed NZMF your CP options were switched to non-default options so what you have now is doubled up files.

Yay! This may be a common "gotcha" for people re-installing after the NZSI upgrade - but, as you say, it's easily fixed!

All good now - many thanks!

Adam.

Hi, my problem since I patched with 003 is that Milford sound and Queenstown ground levels are all disjointed with Queenstown in particular unusable because of this. My number 2 computer without the patch is fine however and a delight to fly in.

Is there a way to take out patch 003 or is it just a case of reinstalling Milford sound and Queenstown?

I am currently running the latest Libs and people flow etc are all fine (above ground level :blink: )

I note in FTX central that there is no default fsx now - is that correct?

Thanks

Jim

Is there a way to take out patch 003 or is it just a case of reinstalling Milford sound and Queenstown?

Just reinstall NZMF and NZQN (I think we all have to, after updating NZSI to .003). Just take a note of Ed's fix for the (possible) corrupt NZMF Control Panel that you may end up with.

Oh ... and don't forget to install the latest LIBS after all that (new one just out).

Adam.

Hi,

Deleting the doubled files made sense and improved things. But trouble still remained. Observing the .xml of the CP showed the pb with the .off.off files that i had shooted too; perhaps an error from me? :(

It doesn't matter, reinstalling NZMF has corrected the problem. It's OK now, thank ypu Ed! :)

I don't touch anything more!

Hi Adam, thanks for speedy help. I removed the existing folders and reinstalled Milford sound, Queenstown and the new libs.

All working well and smile back on my face.

I note there is no Control panel for Queenstown. Is that correct?

In FTX central there is no Default fsx. Is that correct?

Regards

Jim

Archived