auto updater?

dbrum

I've recently built a new machine and begun the process of re-installing everything.  I always worry about updates and ensuring I have the latest version of everything possible, especially with FTX patches and libraries, etc.

Has any thought been given to creating an update facility within FTX Central or a standalone tool to analyze your installed and licensed scenery, regions, global, vector installs and automatically download and install new releases and patches?  

Just curious if this is on your radar at all cause I am sure i'm not the only one who has wondered if they have the latest release of anything - without visiting the forums regularly you may miss a new release or patch/update.  Add to this the fact that not everyone speaks/reads English and you can have many international users out there who could also benefit from such a utility.

Thanks again for all the great and wonderful scenery - you've completely enhanced the sim experience to a whole new level.

There is a plan for updating FTX Central in the near future to include capabilities like what you have mentioned. There's no solid list of features yet but automatically updating or at least checking for updates is in the cards.

That's great news!

Quite a few sim devs are moving over to this kind of thing. I really like the Aerosoft one - it just does it all for you.

Adam.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That's great news!

Quite a few sim devs are moving over to this kind of thing. I really like the Aerosoft one - it just does it all for you.

Adam.

So does Steam, the new platform for FSX --

Best,

Lucky

////////////////

Archived