England Installation Issue

RancidViper

Hi all,

First of all a big Hello out to all you fellow simmers. I'm new to the forums, mainly because I've been busy flying all over the FSX world without much issue, until now!

So I have FTX Global and Vector installed previously and it was all fine. Then a couple of days ago I bought the Europe LC and England 1.30. I installed the LC first and it all seemed ok, then when I started to install England I noticed I didn't have a Europe option in my FTX Central. I installed anyway, and then installed the patch as well. The result?

http://i61.tinypic.com/110ysec.jpg

Now I'm pretty sure that can't be right!

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Randy

Install all patches as well as the latest Library last! (always) :)

You should get the Europe in the FTX Central that way. You may jiggle between Europe and Default and have a look...

Hi Vlad,

Thanks for your reply, just to get this straight, it says on the Patch that I need to have England 1.30 installed so I guessed that meant that I don't need the other patches? And also, when I was installing the patch Europe showed up in FTX so when I selected that is when I had the above issue. Switching back to Global mode makes things look more normal but I'm not sure if this is how it should be. Also have the latest libraries installed.

Should I try and re install England 1.30 while now having Europe selected in FTX central?

Thanks mate!

Hi:

When installing a full blown region you've got to have the FTX Central set to the correct continent or area.

I'm not sure what the England 1.30 is, but in general the regional download is usually at the initial revision at the release date. Thus I would assume that after purchasing England and downloading it, you should set the FTX Central to Europe, unzip the package with a non-windows unzip utility and run the installer. THEN download the patches 001 to 004

https://www.fullterrain.com/support#FTX Terrain Regions

and the latest libraries. Please also read carefully ALL instructions as well as the manual. Install ALL the patches (4 of them) and then the latest libraries. You should be good then... :)

Hi:

When installing a full blown region you've got to have the FTX Central set to the correct continent or area.

I'm not sure what the England 1.30 is, but in general the regional download is usually at the initial revision at the release date. Thus I would assume that after purchasing England and downloading it, you should set the FTX Central to Europe, unzip the package with a non-windows unzip utility and run the installer. THEN download the patches 001 to 004

https://www.fullterrain.com/support#FTX Terrain Regions

and the latest libraries. Please also read carefully ALL instructions as well as the manual. Install ALL the patches (4 of them) and then the latest libraries. You should be good then... :)

Thanks, I will try and install all the patches and let you know how it goes. The problem was that when I downloaded England, and even after I had installed the Europe LC, I had no Europe in FTX Central. I only got it after installing the Patch for England.  :mellow:

Had you installed the latest libraries, I think you would have gotten the correct FTX Central as well... :)

BTW - OLC doesn't have any library objects, just autogen / textures. Thus the install didn't make any diff to the FTX Central.

So I've been doing a bit of testing, but all to no avail. I installed all patches for England, installed the latest libraries, but still no luck. And i noticed another couple of issues while at it.

First of all, I seem to be getting far more blurries than I was before. And using Europe gives me really strange textures all over Europe, not just England.

This is a screenshot of Barcelona.

WMgux.jpg

When I switch back to Global, the textures return to normal, but I get a lot of blurries, something that never happened before.

And now a new issue, I installed Australia SP4 at the same time, and realized I have trees all over the Perth airport. And this stays on whether I have Australia or Global selected. Forgot to get a screenshot of that but I did get a screenshot of some strange black trees to the south of Perth.

LWzBn.jpg

Boy this is the most frustrated I've been all year!  :wacko:

Ok so after arranging my scenery library as suggested, England is working! Yippee for that!  ;D

dnAz0.jpg

However, I'm still having trouble with other parts of Europe. Here's another couple of screenshots of Barcelona.

kVloc.jpg

2p1cC.jpg

And I still have some trees on the tarmac at Perth airport although not as many as before. Here is a screenshot.

AZ1nx.jpg

And just to give you an idea of how my scenery library is configured, here's a screenshot of that as well.

KHp8E.jpg

The FTX entries are directly above the Europe LC entries as suggested in the pdf.  I left MyTraffic over FTX as suggested by My Traffic to leave it between the Addon Scenery entry and the Propeller Objects Entry.

So overall some progress, but still some fiddling around to be done. Any more help would be greatly appreciated! You guys rock!  >:D

Yeah doesn't make a difference on Oceania or Global. And still doesn't explain the barcelona textures.

P.s. - Sorry about the pictures getting jumbled up with the text in my previous post I used tapatalk to edit my post and it somehow seems to have removed my spaces..

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Oh wow I feel like such a dimwit! I thought it should be set on Europe. Not at home right now though so will have to check and confirm when I get back. But this does bring about some new questions.

Please bear with me!

1. If I use Global for flying in Europe, what exactly is the use if the Europe option? Is it just for flying in England?

2. And what if I were to fly from somewhere in Europe to England or vice versa? How do I set it then?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Hi Guys, just an update, so Europe seems to be fine to me. I guess I'll have to use Global Hybrid mode for flights between England and other parts of Europe.

But my Australia installation is still an issue. Here is a screenshot of the FSX default Perth airport with AU SP4 installed.

RG0rJ.jpg

No trees on the tarmac and all seems ok. However the problem with the default airport is that it doesn't have enough parking bays to handle AI traffic and a lot of the international flights never show up. (Using FTX AU traffic)

When I switch back to my freeware addon airport, this is what I see.

OJqWx.jpg

I'm sure this has to be a Scenery Library order issue. If anyone could help me out with that I'll be forever grateful.

Currently my Addon Scenery folder sits above all FTX entries, but I was wondering if my AUHOLGERMESH was somehow interfering with anything? And also are the Vector entries supposed to be really low down the order? Mine are in the 70's just above the Base sceneries.

Archived