YMML doesn't look aligned

fletch

Hello guys,

I have YMML 1 & 2 installed to my FSX [ running win 7] i have set the ORBX cetral controll to Oceania.

the airport looks awesome, however, it looks all out of place. I have hills in the middle of the runway [ the runway asctually looks like it is built in a few hills] the tarmac is covered by buildings and the taxi ways are blocked by wind blocks and buildings too.

is there a way i can fix this please.

Order Date: Saturday 18 September, 2010 (2010-09-18)

via Flight sim store.

I can show you a picture but i don't know how to attach picture. :wacko: 

thank you for your time and help.  ::)

kind regards

Andrew

It is not just the gates that are duplicated, it's the entire terminal that is duplicated.

dk6xa.jpg

Are you using another YMML scenery (ie freeware, OzX, etc) as well as the Orbx YMML ver 2.  For Orbx developers - I presume you should not load both YMML ver 1 and 2, just 2.

From the YMML V2 PDF manual :

The installer is previous version aware, and will do all necessary file management to ensure no remnant of

previous YMML versions are left once the installation is completed.

So there's no special steps to take when installing YMML 2.0 over older versions.

So it probably isn't the previous install of Ver1.   (Scratches head as to what it could be  :banghead:)

Thanks Petfy,

i appreciate you even thinking about a solution..

would it be worth me re-installing it again.?

thanks for your time and help..

ps i love that Smiley....i do that heaps..lol

kind regards

Andrew

Have you got Vector. I cant see it in your products? This is the prime suspect since you are reporting hills in the runway.

No need to reinstall yet. If you have the patience untick one scenery in the FSX scenery library and the restart FSX. If nothings changed, retick it and move on to the next scenery item ...... or you could just try and reinstall :blink:.

edit : I also seem to remember that if you have the mesh detail set too tight (5m,1m), this can also sometimes cause lumps and valleys in detailed scenery.

Yes i have Vector.

I will check the easy solution first, the mesh detail setting first.   he he

then the one at a time thing.

if i do re-install Melbourne, do i need to change Vector or do anything with Vector?  or just download updated library file?

again thank you for your help.

let you know how i go.

this is my FSX settings....

DrglL.jpg

I don't own Vector (yet) so I cant give a definitive answer, but common logic says you should be able to reinstall Melbourne and then reset its AEC(?) in Vector. Can anyone with Vector comment?

Depending on how powerful your computer is you may wish to increase the Mesh Resolution slider to 10m and may be even 5m.

I Will uninstall YMML2 and re-install and see how we go.

my computer specs are:

Intel® Corei7-4790 CPU @360GHz 3.6GHz, 16 GB memery [RAM] 64-bit operating System, Running Winows 7 Pro.

here  is another screen shoot [ 3 actually] of YMML as it now.

nahr8.jpg

Hi, 

the presence of other terminal buildings points to another AFCAD file for YMML on your system, maybe installed by 3rd party AI traffic programs. Do a search for YMML in your FSX folder and look at the results that appear outside of the ORBX folder. Let us know if you find anything.

With the elevation issues, you need to run Vector's AEC tool to disable the elevation adjustments made by Vector.

Hello Ed,

thank you for helping me,

were would i look for another AFCAD file for YMML on your system? in the scenery folder? or the Microsoft/FSX/FSX.cfg ?

With the elevation issues, you need to run Vector's AEC tool to disable the elevation adjustments made by Vector... i have fixed this issue thank you by shown attachment:

doWih.jpg

I am still working on the other proble,m..

for sure it's my third party MyTraffic X pro, as i am having trouble installing this and i believe some files are missing and when i uninstall i am not removing all files... i am also trying to work this out too.

can i run both FTX ORBX YMML and   MyTRAFFIC X PROFESSIONAL 5.4C FOR FSX ?

thank you again for your help and time,

kind regards

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

You can run MyTraffic with YMML. I believe the AFCAD files are installed under MyTraffic folder with the FSX folder structure in the Scenery folder. Find YMML and just rename the extension from bgl to off.

At least you sorted the elevation stuff for starters, other one will be fixed as well.

Hello Walter,

i noticed i did that mistake and corrected it, but still same problem ????

X95zV.jpg

I haven't Uninstalled YMML and then Re-installed it again as yet.

would that be a good idea to do now?

if so what is the best way to uninstall YMML please.

thank you.

Hi Walter,

I uninstalled and followed link's instructions, however there is no longer a default setting in FTX Central, only FTX Global, Oceania, Europe and North America, however, i uninstalled and then re-installed, all working as it should, thank you so very much.

Hi Ian,

"Is the E:\FSX Stuff\Scenery\AUS\Scenery file active in FSX?  Where is that stuff from?"  do you mean in Flight Simulator X go to the scenery library (found under the settings tab)? if so, then yes it is [ and was, before re-install]  As shown in picture?

I am not sure what you mean by  "What is melbourn.bgl in that folder?" Sorry.

thank you all for your time and help, i appreciate it a lot.

Now i have to sort out all the My Traffic X pro stuff, i must be jinxed or something, that won't just install automatically either?

kind regards

Andrew

sorry forgot pixture...

lPuk.jpg

Archived