Graphics Cards

Johncc

Hi.

I really need an answer to two questions. First for FSX is best to have windows 7 or 8.1. At the moment I have 8.1 but am having prob just had PC set back to factory settings. FSX has loaded ok but. Question two. What's the best graphics card to get the best out of Orbx I have a 3 monitor set up and a AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series. O and I can only use the lowest resolution in FSX (3072x768x32). Please please advise me.

John

Hi john..I have a triple monitor setup..my specs GTX680,i7 2700k o/c to 4.2 and TH2go

Using reso of 4000 and something..can't remember exactly cause away from computer

It's all good.. My mighty 680 never let's me down..

Using FSX and most of the time my sliders are on scenery very dense and autogen dense(even at YMML and YBBN)

My first card when I got serious with simming was AMD and I spent ALL my time in tears.

It's been all good for me for 4 or so years

Cheers stu

Hi john..I have a triple monitor setup..my specs GTX680,i7 2700k o/c to 4.2 and TH2go

Using reso of 4000 and something..can't remember exactly cause away from computer

Using FSX and most of the time my sliders are on scenery very dense and autogen dense(even at YMML and YBBN)

My first card when I got serious with simming was AMD and I spent ALL my time in tears.

Cheers stu

Sorry forgot to say ..windows 7 home 64 bit

Hi Stu

Thanks for that so I am wright in thinking that I should have windows 7 put into my PC. Well thats good cos I know a man that can and he will install the recomended graphics card. So once again thank you.

John

GTX 780 ti is arguably the best graphics card on the market, but I have the GTX 780 running a high def projector and it's brilliant.

The new 800 series NVIDIA cards are due out at any tick of the clock and they will be game changers again, so maybe wait a little while, if you are after cutting edge stuff.

Otherwise the current crop of NVIDIA or ATI's are just fine.

Frank

Cheers stu

Sorry forgot to say ..windows 7 home 64 bit

I had the opposite experience..I started with the nvidia stuff and got nothing but tears and still do with any of my nvidia stuff...but my AMD Eyefinity has been spectacular for years regardless of which card I use Lol :) :)

Archived