Problem un-zipping AU 4.0 and 4.1

I have reinstalled all my programs after updating to P3D 2.3. To be on the safe side I re-downloaded ALL freeware AI add-ons. But there is a problem, I could ONLY un-zip AU 4.2-update and AU 4.21. BUT I need the base packages 4.0 and 4.1. I can download them but not un-zip them. I have used 3 different "unzippers" with no luck

Also I can not unzip any of the NA Ai files.

Suggestions?

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Hi jj

Apologies.if I have read your comments wrong but my reading of the Australia file now is that it is now Australia SP4 as the main download with the update being Australia SP4.003 which is a cumulative update including SP4.001 and SP4.002

Kind regards

Ian

Hi there,

there are a number of recent posts with people reporting issues pulling complete downloads from our servers. Thus, it's best to use one of the free download managers that allow for resuming download interruptions, like DownThemAll (Firefox), or "Free Download Manager". These plug into your browser and automatically take over any time you click on a download link.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger, but the downloading itself is no problem. Have tested with Exprorer, Chrome and Firefox and also Download Accelerator and the files download from the server to my PC. The problem occurs when I try to unzip them. Tested WINRAR, WINZip, 7-zip abd the built in WIN 8.1 un-zipper. ALL of them give me the error message (something like this) Archive is in an unknown format or corrupted. Have downloaded the fileds several times from both servers.

OK after some tests this method did work:

I right clicked on the "Click to download" button.

Copied the linkjaddress.

Pasted it into my DAP+ download program.

DAP downloaded the file and...... I could just unzip it.

So I guess, problem solved for me with this method.

Me again,

these are the correct archive sizes (right-click on .zip, then Properties > Size):

FTX_AU_AI_Traffic_4.0.zip = 250 MB (262,544,956 bytes)

FTX_AU_AI_Traffic_4.1_Update.zip = 428 MB (449,244,199 bytes)

If yours show different numbers the issue is incomplete downloads. I just downloaded both files and they unzip just fine with both WinRAR and 7-zip.

Cheers, Holger

Archived