Major problems please help !

BenvanBoom

Hi,

I am already working for two full day's in my holiday. I have several problems.

1. FTX Gold NCA is not coming up in the Scenery library (So also not active, installation was o.k. and scenery files are installed.

When i manually put the scenery library lines for NCA then the area changes but for example the Golden Gate Bridge is not there (no bridge at all).

Reinstalled the scenery for 6 times but no show.

2. FTX Central is putiing back old scenery library files every time i start FTX Central.

I am manually setting up scenery library lines to get my layers in line with what is given in the "FTX definite guide" and copy this scenery.cfg into FS.

But unfortunately FTX Central is changing my files from now 168 into (old) 277 entry's. This happens every single time, i now changed my scenery.cfg for 15 times back to how i want it to be.

3. I wonder if the scenery around Bozeman has to be like in this picture, i see many repeating Circles and scenery files.

http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s468/Bentree1/-2014-aug-4-001.jpg~original

i hope somebody from the ORBX team can help, because it drove me nuts after two day's.

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

Ben

Hi Ben,

1. check whether you have a file named scenerylib_NA_NCA.cfg in \ORBX\Scripts; it's the file that gives FTX Central the four NCA entries to insert into the scenery.cfg file. If it's present but the entries still don't show up when cycling FTX Central either your scenery.cfg file has become corrupt or there's a read-access permission issue with it.

2. Use FTX Central's "scenery library insertion point" tool mentioned in all the FTX region manuals to lock the FTX block of airports and regions into a specific location; visual guide is available here http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/28291-adding-a-scenery-library-insertion-point-ftxcentral-step-by-step/

3. If you cross-check on Google Earth you'll see that the area around KBZN indeed has a lot of center-pivot irrigated fields. That being said some of your textures appear somewhat different from mine. Was the screenshot taken with FTX Central set to North America?   Edit: belay that, the differences are due to seasons, looks like your screenshot was taken in June (=spring) mine was taken in summer.

Cheers, Holger

post-375-0-81961700-1407279789_thumb.jpg

Hello Holger,

I am happy that you found my message.

The scenerylib file for NCA is not there, that's why NCA did not come up in my library.

That's why i tried to copy and change (to *.NCA) the library entries of the nearby area.

What can we do? (because reinstalling did not do anything)

I am glad that you tell me that the Bozeman area should be o.k.

As i wrote, i am reorganising my scenery library because i thought something went wrong there.

Can you check this tread: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/82806-ftx-central-not-working/

and can you shortly check the scenery library file for abnormalities?

Kind regards,

Ben

Hi Ben,

attached below is a copy of the scenerylib_NA_NCA.cfg though, obviously, if (re-)installing NCA doesn't add that file then you might have a bigger problem, either with the NCA installer itself or file access permissions. That might explain the issues with the Golden Gate Bridge etc. I'd suggest removing the four FTX_NA_NCA... folders in \ORBX\FTX_NA, then download a fresh copy of the installer, and try again. As always, don't forget to re-install the current Orbx Libraries last. 

The only potential issues I notice in your scenery.cfg file is that any third-party airports that overlap with our regions (like CYVR with PNW) should be above the Orbx/FTX block meaning at higher display priority. Also, the three entries for VancouverPlus indicate to me that you're still using the older version that isn't optimized for use with PNW. Make sure to install Version 3, which only has two entries in the scenery library menu: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/17116-vancouver-compatibility-with-pnw/

Cheers, Holger

scenerylib_NA_NCA.zip

Hi Holger,

I really appreciate your help.

I did as you told me to do (removing the four FTX_NA_NCA... folders in \ORBX\FTX_NA, then download a fresh copy of the installer, and try again. As always, don't forget to re-install the current Orbx Libraries last. )

Still no Golden Gate Bridge, the scenery looks like mixed FSX default textures and NCA textures, also some island shows near the bridge shows only the circle surrounding of the island, so water outside the island AND inside the island (Like a scenery layer problem)

Installing a fresh copy was as fast as the reinstallmant i did in the last week. Unpacking went like it should but installing went in 2 seconds. like the installer thinks the scenery is already installed.

I check everything, now 2 problems left:

1. NCA Scenery (Missing)

2. Around EHAM The Netherlands. The city of Amsterdam has no circle shaped Canals slew up EHAM and look direction North- North West (They are missing) and behind the coastline the are inland waters that should not appear (look direction South - west).

I have ALL ORBX scenery there is, so also Vector and Open LC Europe

See the screenshots.

http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s468/Bentree1/-2014-aug-7-002.jpg~original

http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s468/Bentree1/-2014-aug-7-001.jpg~original

I hope we can solve this and am anxious to see your answers and possible solvings.

Kind regards,

Ben

Hi Ben,

Firstly the NCA issue. The install process being quick can occur for 2 reasons. Not enough disk space on your system drive or the scenery is already installed (the installer skips over files that are the same or newer-this is what I suspect you are seeing). 

In you FSX scenery library, do you see the 4 NCA entries? If yes and you are seeing a mix of default textures and FTX textures, ensure that you have clicked and applied the North America region in FTX Central. Load up this flight NCA.zip and take a screenshot when its loaded. Please use this to show us your screenshots http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/ as the ones you have above are hard to make out.

With the other issue at EHAM, to me it looks similar when I compare it to mine, so I can't really see an issue there with openLC. Ensure that you have Global set & applied when outside the UK & Ireland region.

Hello Ed,

Thanks for hopping in.

I have 15 GB of disk space left (Out of 320 GB).

Below is the link to the screenshot of NCA, i was not able to copy a bbc code because photobucket does not give it, that's why i did it in this way if you don't mind.

http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s468/Bentree1/NCA.jpg~original

It seems obvious that NCA is not properly installed, the bridge is missing and the textures are mixed up.

Before i took the shot i renewed my terrain.cfg and applied every region of FTX Globel and activated Noth America after that.

For the Amsterdam area:

I did not realise that i have to switch Central to "Global" for europe flying, now i understand that i only switch to "Europe" when in UK or Ireland etc.

Saying this, i checked again and the inland waters just behind the beach are gone and all the other waters look o.k.

BUT...... i still habe no canals in the city of Amsterdam (I mean the half round canals, take a better look at this picture http://i1053.photobu...01.jpg~original

enlarge it and look just on front of the nose....for missing the half round canals). I think this has something to do with Vector?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,

Ben 

Yes, that's definitely something wrong with NCA. Do you have the 4 folders and the scenery library entries for NCA?

Just for clarification of the 4 folders as well as size with the first patch installed: post-650-0-12637100-1407627396_thumb.png

15GB is getting close to the point where the installers will not work, and am now wondering if that might be the culprit of everything..

Hi Ed,

My 4 NCA folders together are 500MB !

So that is the problem. I tried three different installers and all have the same problem.

It can not be that the problem is not having enough disk space though.

I bought and installed NCA on 1 March 2014, in July 2014 i bought and installed ALL of Australia and NZ Regions and airports.

So by the time i installed NCA there was more than enough space.

Meanwhile i tested some more with Open LC Europe and i keep having the opinion that i have mixed default and Open LC textures.

Can you tell me how to prevent FTX Global to set back my scenery.cfg to an earlier backup?

I tried to change priorities in my scenery.cfg (by changing the .cfg file outside FSX) but FTX Global is setting it back to an earlier backup every time i run it and my layer priority gets lost.

Thanks for your help, continue please  ::)

Kind regards,

Ben

500MB sounds suspiciously like the NCA patch, so I guess that is all you have installed.

Out of curiosity, do have all 10 openLC folders present? I am wondering if we are seeing the same thing here (incomplete install)

post-650-0-58329200-1407668539_thumb.png

How many hard drives are you running? I think we may need to address this space issie.

Hi Ed,

I have 1 HD.

My EU folders are the same as yours (also in size).

i cleaned my scenery.cfg intto 144 area's out of more than 330.

That solved the Open EU / Vector problem.

Now i have the half round Canals in Amsterdam and the scenery looks completely like Open LC Europe (not mixed with default anymore).

The Open LC problem is related to vector and scenery layer priorities.

The point is when i run FTX Central this will change my scenery.cfg into 274 area's. So problem not completely solved.

Is it an ORBX company secret to tell us where FTX Central puts a backup file?

Cause i asked for it several times but no answer.

(i know there is one in the FSX main folder just below the scenery.cfg and i changed that into the 144 area's scenery.cfg file also.

I even deleted that backup file but then FTX Central is not running anymore)

When i am able to stop FTX Central to put back the backup file i can rebuild things in the right priority order.

The NCa Problem is related because the main installer is not installing all files.

(Again can not be a disk space problem because i had enough of it the time i installed NCA)

Kind regards,

Ben

Archived