Lake Tahoe

Thought I would make a comment on Lake Tahoe scenery. In

my opinion this is the best Orbx scenery area yet. It is

quite brilliant.

The only problem I had after installing was it did not show up in

the listing. It is listed as South Lake Tahoe. Old age.

With Thanks Anthin

FSS0306715

Misha, congratulations I did several circuits in a heli, summer, winter, dusk and hard winter.

You really feel you are flying over the real thing. Landed my heli in winter on the ice covering Fallen Leaf Lake.

One suggested improvement if you ever do an update would be to model 3D boats and yachts in the Marina, the flat photo real is Ok from on high but not so good down low in a heli.

Check out Ketchikan to see what I mean.

All the best

Regards

Ken

The three recently released airport sceneries, Tahoe, Monterey, and Squamish are all outstanding and really fun to fly in and out, with the surroundings adding so much to the experience. To tell the truth, I like these better than OpenLC EU, but that's sure apples and peaches and just my preference of enjoying scenic short-range VFR.

Kind regards, Michael

Not sure where to put this so I stuck it under General . A outstanding job Misha and ORBX Team on this beautiful scenery . Will be downloading KTVL this morning for sure . I ran across a very interesting article on sea planes use on Lake Tahoe(Very dated--2010) :

http://seaplanes.wordpress.com/2010/06/02/lake-tahoe-seaplane-pilots-confront-closure-threat-face-financial-hurdles/

This comment I'm inclined to agree with :  "    Given that seaplane operations are already quite rare on Lake Tahoe, further limited by nature to those days when the winds and waves permit landing on the lake, the seaplanes’ overall impact upon the serenity of the Lake Tahoe experience is far less than that of any other motorized recreational user. To ban this one recreational use while continuing to allow all other motorized uses seems both discriminatory and overly punitive; as if using a sledgehammer to swat a gnat. "

This article going back so far (2010) , I'm not sure what the status is at present , I didn't research it any further . Any one know off the top of their head ?

Recreational vehicles , people's trash , etc , would be at the top of my list .

Please , I did not intend this thread to be a political one . Was just curious about seaplane use on Lake Tahoe .

Rich

Hello, i really like this scenery and the fps is great.

my only (super small) issue is that, as a skier, I dont seem to be able to take a lift all the way to the top of the mountains, i can see slope going down, but the lift stops half way! donno why but this is sort of disturbing. ( i realise anims are hitting hard on fps, but this extra leg of the lift would make me happy. or it could be static)

still a wonderfull scenery.

Etienne

• 2 months later...

Hi can someone help me.

I have no buildings at  Lake Tahoe.

I did install the AN patch.

Regards

Chris

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/86392-ktvl-lake-tahoe-builings/

Your request has already been answered here, please install the latest Orbxlibs from here-

https://www.fullterrain.com/support#Orbxlibs

Archived