Northern California, taking a huge fps hit at KSFO

JasonW

I recently moved from FSX to P3DV2, Using the same weather and traffic programs for the two. In FSX, KSFO would drop a few frames but nothing out of the ordinary however in P3D im having trouble. Frames seem to be fine as long as Im looking forward or panning toward the airport but as soon as I pan over to the bay frames drop from the 20's to the single digits. Same scenario in the air, if I point the nose towards the bay I lose frames. Thought maybe someone on here might have an idea of whats going on. Thanks

Hi JasonW,

take a look at the release notes that came with NCA SP1, perhaps your fps drop has to do with the windfarm pylons.

Cheers, Holger 

Thank you sir, I will look into this.

Holger are any of those windfarms near KSFO? I dont believe I have ever seen them.

Windfarms? Just north of San Francisco is a very large one. First time I flew near and over it fps plumeted and stutters ensued. I disabled the active windmills and things got flyable again. I've always found KSFO (like KSEA) to be brutal on perf even in default FSX. But I run high scenery settings and get away with it in most areas but never near or in large metropolitan areas. Sometimes I remember to back off the autogen on the fly before arrival and that helps a lot.

In NRM and CRM I've run into windfarms with little or no problem but big cities are few and far apart in those regions and pressure from autogen settings isn't anywhere near as big a load.

Archived