Looking good!

I like the smaller lights (maybe have option for either set?)

Do you think the houses are a little too big (tall)? 

IMHO it seems like there are too many double storey houses (and they look the size of McMansions).  I think you need to increase number of single storey, and decrease number of double storey.

I agree, the lights are much more effective now.  I probably also agree with the McMansion statement to an extent, but it may be only a certain landclass that has those to that extent... I am sure the solution will evolve.  The distance from default it has already come is unbelievable.

Cheers and thanks for the pics.

Nothing we can do about the house sizes. FSX uses some black magic based on Sq. Metres footprints to determine if a house in single or double storey. Unfortunately, the logic is based on typical North American housing where a small footprint equates to a double storey and a large footprint equates to .... randomness!  ;D  Australia typically has much larger footprint single storey housing than in North America, therefore the inability to represent our housing profiles effectively. This is all hard coded and we don't have the time to delve into the autogen engine to try and sort this out. You guys want this product in your hands yes?  ;D ;D

When I do the final housing textures this week I am going to "cheat" and make 50% of the doubles look like singles. It will create a more consistent single storey illusion, but sadly the scale will be out of whack up close. Upside is, that from about 500FT AGL it will look a lot more balanced.

Archived