Autogen trees appear at PAKT in FSX

Rob Abernathy

I can not seem to resolve this problem of having trees in the tarmac at PAKT when FTXCentral is set to North America.  No other airport has this problem.  My scenery library order is correct after careful research on that issue.

I have all 4 layers (Global Base, Global Vector, Global Mesh 2010, OpenLC EU) installed.  I know, I'm not in Europe but that was the last addon installed.   I have FTX PFJ installed, but if I select NA in FTXCentral and apply, I get this in the screenshot.  If I close FSX and choose "Global" and apply then the autogen trees are not there, only if NA is applies.   I've tried searching all my FSX for any files with "pakt" and haven't found any duplicates or conflicts.   I've also deleted the PFJ folders and ORBX/Scripts files for PFJ and reinstalled PFJ.  No change.   

Any insights appreciated.

fxwnJ.jpg

Hi Rob,

I think that when this sort of thing happens, it is usually either:

1. Conflicting 3rd party scenery in the wrong position

2. A need for the latest library updates

3. (Less often) incorrectly setting FTX Central - say setting to Global only and then flying solely in Northern California OR selecting Europe and then flying in Italy.

I hope this helps, just starting my 2nd cup o' coffee. And if not, it gives you something to do/laugh at until the experts arrive! ;)

Respectfully,

Brian

Hi Rob,

I think that when this sort of thing happens, it is usually either:

1. Conflicting 3rd party scenery in the wrong position

2. A need for the latest library updates

3. (Less often) incorrectly setting FTX Central - say setting to Global only and then flying solely in Northern California OR selecting Europe and then flying in Italy.

I hope this helps, just starting my 2nd cup o' coffee. And if not, it gives you something to do/laugh at until the experts arrive! ;)

Respectfully,

Brian

Thanks Brian, all good points.

No 3rd party scenery active in the area, latest libraries installed, FTXCentral set to NA and FTX PFJ installed.  Still looking.!

Hi Rob,

run a Windows search of your entire FSX folder tree (including any external scenery locations you may have) for .bgl files that include PAKT as part of their names. Post a screenshot or list of the search result with full file names and folder paths so we can help you with further diagnosis; a good example of that is http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74843-two-layer-main-runway-at-nzqn/?p=690129  (post #4)

Cheers, Holger

Hi Rob,

run a Windows search of your entire FSX folder tree (including any external scenery locations you may have) for .bgl files that include PAKT as part of their names. Post a screenshot or list of the search result with full file names and folder paths so we can help you with further diagnosis; a good example of that is http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74843-two-layer-main-runway-at-nzqn/?p=690129  (post #4)

Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger,

Some items related to Misty Moorings are under AddonScenery but are not active, same with the CIRP folders.   Some files for pakt are actually in a backup folder and not in FSX at all.  Same with PAKT Ferry (that is a moving ferry I made for the payware PAKT (not installed).   Autogen trees don't show if I have Global applied in Central, but do show if I have NA applied.

kLVQ.jpg

X39Un.jpg

Hi Rob,

not sure why but you have duplicates of the PFJ bgl files in your CRM folders. You may want to look into that even though I doubt that's the reason for the display issues.

The PFJ PAKT bgl files that should be active are:

ADE_FTX_PFJ_PAKT_Ketchikan_Intl.BGL

ADE_FTX_PFJ_PAKT_Ketchikan_Intl_CVX.bgl

FTX_PFJ_objects_PAKT_PLC.bgl

ADE_FTX_PFJ_PAKT_elevation_adjustment.BGL (2 locations, one in \Scenery\World\scenery and the other, an inactive backup, in \ORBX\Scripts\Custom.na\OFF)

Looks like you have those and in the correct locations (aside from the CRM duplicates). But any of the other .bgl files (and only .bgl) in your list may be the culprit. I'd suggest temporarily deactivating them by renaming their extensions from .bgl to .bgl.off. Mind you, whatever file overrides the PFJ versions of PAKT may not have that ICAO in its name. Thus, if the renaming doesn't help then I'd temporarily deactivate any third-party Alaska scenery entry in your scenery library menu located above the FTX block of entries.

I assume by "Global applied in Central" you mean without the "hybrid" checkbox, in which case PFJ and thus PAKT isn't active.

Cheers, Holger

"""""I assume by "Global applied in Central" you mean without the "hybrid" checkbox, in which case PFJ and thus PAKT isn't active.

Cheers, Holger?""""""""

Yes, assumption is correct, thanks.  I'll start the process of elimination today and hope to find the culprit.   Will report back when solved.

EDIT:

With all Alaska sceneries or files disabled except for FTX sceneries (PFJ and SAK) I did some more testing.

Of the 4 folders in PFJ  the first pic is with PFJ_07_Mesh and PFJ_08_Custom active.  05 and 06 inactive

K0XkP.jpg

Next screen is with 05_Scenery and 07, 08 active.  Few elevation problems but looks ok, actually better as all the runway shows.

CgqeY.jpg

Last screen is with all  4 active.....05,06,07,08    Trees sticking out of the tarmac and more elevation issues

gh8Md.jpg

Archived