OPENLC on "Media disk" install procedure?

Hi Guys,

I purchased OPENLC on "Media disk" from FSS so I would not blow my download quota.  I thought there would be some instructions on which disk to put in first but nothing....?

There are three disks in total. EU North, EU South and EU East&West.  In which order should I install or does it not matter?  Also I am guessing that I should have FTX Central set to "Global" without "Hybrid" ticked for correct installation.....yes?

Kind regards,

Tim...

Greetings Tim,

It is my understanding they are all independent of one another, so pop one in and go for it! I say this because the team has stated you can download it in parts and install it while waiting for the next part to download.

Second question: they normally recommend Global Without Hybrid checked, but if it is really important the installer has been opening up FTX Central and selecting the correct choice before it begins the installation.

Respectfully,

Brian

Greetings Tim,

It is my understanding they are all independent of one another, so pop one in and go for it! I say this because the team has stated you can download it in parts and install it while waiting for the next part to download.

Second question: they normally recommend Global Without Hybrid checked, but if it is really important the installer has been opening up FTX Central and selecting the correct choice before it begins the installation.

Respectfully,

Brian

Hello Brian,

Thank you very much for your insight.  So many installs.....sometimes things get a little fuzzy....

Kind regards,

Tim...

Hi Guys,

I purchased OPENLC on "Media disk" from FSS so I would not blow my download quota.  I thought there would be some instructions on which disk to put in first but nothing....?

There are three disks in total. EU North, EU South and EU East&West.  In which order should I install or does it not matter?  Also I am guessing that I should have FTX Central set to "Global" without "Hybrid" ticked for correct installation.....yes?

Kind regards,

Tim...

Like Brian has said, run whichever one you want... The order is of no consequence :)

The "Media Disk" option can be thought of as a straight, file-for-file backup of a downloaded installer... There's no "install disk" or order... Just copy them from the disk to your hard drive and run the installers, or simply run them from the DVD itself. It's just as if you downloaded it yourself.

Enjoy OpenLC :)

Archived