YMML unusable

wsuch

Hi All

YMML is superb but for me it is virtually a slide show, I have a fairly fast PC as below and it handles FSX pretty well but when it comes to YMML virtually unusable even with a simple aircraft, I am only running at 1366 by 768 abd am not maxed out in FSX I am lucky to get 8-10 frames on the ground. What experiences is everybody else having.

P4 E8600

Asus Rampage Formula Motherboard

1000Watt true power power supply

4 GIGS Ram

9800 GTX+ 1 GIGS

Folks,

I haven't installed the Service Pack 1 release for YMML as yet but when I ran Orbx's YMML last night I was averaging 5fps (default Bell 206).  Frankly, this is to be expected as I have what is now considered to be a low end machine (see specs below).

I strongly suggest you go through the excellent written directions for setting up FSX and YMML, available on these forums (and with the YMML download, Avsim etc), because if you are only getting 3-5 fps more than I, then you possibly have something significantly un-optimised in your total software setup for Win XP/Vista, FSX and the Orbx software.

You may need to 'tune' FSX (service packs, Fsx.cfg file), your Operating System (in terms of runnings services, Software running at start, defragmented files, Swap file etc etc) and any Orbx software you have installed (as per their included Guide).

Paul

I too couldn't use FSX after installing YMML SP1. I found that turning off the service "xengine"  returned my FSX back to normal.  xengine is a part of Active Sky.  Don't know why it's suddenly started giving me issues.

Martin Buzzell

ymml Order Number: 9496

interesting thanks I will play around a little with the settings, do you have your settings configured s per the YMML SP1 use manual

Wayne

Yes of course :)

Key settings are autogen and trying your FPS set to unlimited. Also, one of the biggest killers is the static cars. Uncheck that in the control panel and you should get a substantial FPS increase.  I have added all my YMML SP1 tuning tips and a demo FPS video to a sticky post: http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=9433

I too couldn't use FSX after installing YMML SP1. I found that turning off the service "xengine"  returned my FSX back to normal.  What is xengine and does YMML add-on use it?  It never used to load.

Martin Buzzell

ymml Order Number: 9496

xengine is nothing to do with any Orbx product. No clue what it is but if it gave you your FSX performance back, find out where it comes from and avoid using its associated products.

Archived