OpenLC Europe ground texture

Hello Support,

I have the following issue since yesterday where I installed openLC Europe.

I have strange ground texture, meaning for example in Amsterdam where supposedly the central station should be placed I get empty boxes and 

the central station building is some meters away, thus rail tracks are not altered either.

In Athens I have faced the same issue, I see roads in the middle of the city.

In Brussels also I see canals where they shouldn't be etc etc

The products I have installed in my FSX are

FS Global 2010 for FTX

FTX Vector 

FTX Global Base

FTX openLC Europe

( I couldn't manage to upload an image yet)

Thanks....

So here is my problem in Amsterdam

LhpDM.jpg

As I am using FS GLOBAL 2010+FTX Global Base+Vector+openlc+UTX Europe I believe there is something wrong in my scenery library order?

ZWcdE.jpg

I changed to but still the same issues

fEmCO.jpg

Hi Everyone !

On my P3Dv2.2 with FTX Base, Vector, FS Global Mesh and OpenLC EU, Amsterdam looks like this :

wj0Nt.jpg

according to google maps the grasland area on the other side of the river should be city texture too.

Ov6EM.jpg

So i think this is a Landclass missplacement and should be noted for future patches.

Yours Moritz

Hi Everyone !

On my P3Dv2.2 with FTX Base, Vector, FS Global Mesh and OpenLC EU, Amsterdam looks like this :

wj0Nt.jpg

according to google maps the grasland area on the other side of the river should be city texture too.

Ov6EM.jpg

So i think this is a Landclass missplacement and should be noted for future patches.

Yours Moritz

Ohhhh God and I was working on it moving up and down everything in scenery library.... so its not only me getting these issues.

@Orbx Team please have a look at the Amsterdam issue

However I still cant understand why do I get building over other buildings etc......

You mean why you get 3D buildings on top of the buildings in the textures? That's simply how land class scenery and autogen works. The autogen doesn't know where the buildings on the textures are and vice versa. Things will look a bit better with Extremely dense autogen but you will still see this everywhere. The same goes for roads running through houses etc. This is a limitation of the system! 

Concerning the problems with Amsterdam: remember that land class tells the sim where to place textures in squares that are sized 1 x 1 km!!! So sometimes, for instance on the edge of towns, the system has to choose between rural or urban textures and sometimes the choice isn't the right one. This can only be fixed manually and that's quite a bit of work. I am sure Orbx will fix most (obvious) errors in future patches but the system simply does have its limitations... You can't expect the more detailed quality that FTX regions offer (and even those aren't always spot on!)

Archived