FTX AU scenery issue

Aussieflyer38

Hi Holger, I have now flown Coff's in Oceania and Global, and they are both the same, I also encountered another problem. When I tried to take the screen shots you requested, I got a "unable to take screen shot message". This my first attempt at screen shots so maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I followed Tim's instructions - "press v" which is what I did and got that message. Not sure what to do next, as you need the screen shots to see what I'm talking about. 

Don

Hi Holger. I've checked several other files and they are all the same. I thought maybe it was basically the MSFSX files, but they are all affected, even the freeware. I checked seven in all, three MS FSX, 3 ORBX FSX and one ORBX freeware. Some other things I noticed were blank spots where there was nothing, and the PAPI lights on some runways were scattered, also Alice Springs had tree's on the runway. Coffs and Avalon the houses  and trees are in the water, same with Brisbane and Redcliffe. Not water on the land. So I have to assume it's the same with all of them. I don't understand why it's all files. 

Regards,

Don

Hi Holger, a bit more info to consider. The problem is in all my FSX software, not the system as such, the planes fly okay, just the scenery. This afternoon I bought a add on TJSJ Peurto Rica, for an experiment. After downloading I opened it to try it and it's exactly the same as the pics I have posted and discussed with you. I don't know anything about computer programs, but if all my airports etc are corrupted or whatever you call it, and also the new one, would this not be a MS FSX systems problem, and if so do I need to restore it to default? If I have to do that, will I have to reload all my ORBX purchases? Thanks.

Regards

Don

Hi Don,

it might be a bigger issue but it could also just be an incorrect entry or order in your scenery library. Can you copy and paste the contents of your scenery.cfg file please? The active version is located in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX.

Also, do you receive any error messages when you switch FTX Central between Global and Oceania?

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger, found the (FSX) file you want but it wont let me copy and paste it here. I've just started running win8 which I find quite a bit different to 7, but regardless copy and paste is copy and paste and I haven't had a problem any other time. It has to be something with those files, as I tried to C&P to wordpad and it wouldn't let me do that either. Any suggestions? 

regards

Don

PS Can you give me an email address, as it looks like I can email the files to you

Hi Holger, a little more info which may help, it is definitely water on land, as I could see cars driving on the water. With Coffs I had a hard time defining the coast line so found it hard to determine land from water.

regards,  

Don

Hi Don,

sometimes other active programs (like a screenshot utility) intercept the Windows clipboard and thus prevent copy & paste attempts. If you can't find the cause for the issue then you can zip up your scenery.cfg file, upload it to one of the free file hosts, and post the link here.

In the meantime, if you have scenery corruption everywhere have a look at this thread, perhaps its the same issue: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/81521-p3dv2-ground-textures-missing/

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger. Well I deleted FSX and reloaded all my programs up to Global Base and AYPY and everything is working fine, no scenery problems for anything in Australia under SP4. Is it possible I have a problem with Global Base as that is about the time my problems started, and I cant reload AYPY without it. i'm hesitant to reload Global as I don't want to go through this again. Could I have your advice on that please. Thanks.

Regards

Don

Archived