Problems after openLC_EU install

Doofus

Hi,

I installed all 4 parts of openLC_EU today, with ftxcentral set to global, followed by the latest libs update. I have ftxglobal and vector installed and working great.

I tried out a flight after the installation and it works and looks fantastic with ftxcentral set to global. I then set ftxcentral to Europe to check my full-fat regions and I am now getting the morphing texture anomalies as seen in other posts in this forum. Random textures flickering and changing as I pass over them. I tried the Eng, Sco and Wal full-fat regoins and its the same in all of them. I tested all of my other full-fat regions (PNW,CRM and AU sp4) and get the exact same texture issue there too.

Setting ftxcentral to global in hybrid mode fixes the morphing texture problem completely but I prefer not to use hybrid mode. I have tried restoring the terrain.cfg backup as mentiond in this forum but it doesn't fix the problem.

Sorry if the above is unclear, basically, installing the openLC_EU has done something to ALL of my orbx full-fat regions which were previously working fine.

Thanks for your help.

openLC_EU order FSS0301794

As there seems to be no help with my problem forthcoming, I'll try an OpenLC_EU reinstall. That is,I would try a reinstall if I knew how. Nothing about it mentioned in the readme.

So, how do I uninstall openLC_EU ?

I to would like to know how to uninstall openLC_EU. Going to remove from FSX and leave for a few days having already spent to long in trying to get it to work well. Maybe a new install will work

I have the same problem as Doofus, is this a problem with the position of the open lc files in the scenery library, mine seem to be a little re arranged since the install. same problem in fsx and p3d. will have to find the forum topic where the correct sequence is shown and see what has moved.

regards Reg.

I also have this texture morphing going on with FTX Central set to Europe with FTX England, thought it was something to do with UK2000 VFR 1,2 and 3 but apparently not, been messing around all day trying to fix it with no luck at all. Did not try hybrid mode but I will try that later. If this is a problem I'm sure it will be fixed in the next update.

Thx to Ed I found the problem I think, somehow the installation moved the lc files out of place in the scenery library' go to the Orbx folder in the sim root folder, look in scripts and find the  configurator_OLC file , left click it then run the exe, this puts all the lc files in their correct places and appears to have solved the problem.

regards Reg.

I've been trying this Configurator_OLC file fix and, whilst it does work, the fix is only temporary. Once I start changing between full-fat regions and Global the LC entries appear at the top of the scenery library again, thus screwing up all my full-fat regions again.

How does something like this make it through beta testing ? buyer beware.

my textures in UK, using the fullfat-region of Europe, are without any anomalies. Maybe you have the fresh installed Europe10, which is responsible for UK and Ireland active, beside switching to Europe? This could be problematically, I'm afraid.

Kai

Changing regions in FTX Central will not change the position settings FTX region entries or openLC. Once they are set, they are set.

Using the ftxconfigurator_OLC is only used once post install (by the installer) to write the entries into scenry.cfg and this puts it to the top. 

Once you have installed openLC follow this guide I have written up here http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/81831-setting-your-openlc-entries/

Thanks Ed, problem solved !  My ignorance of the scenery library at fault here, never had to touch it before today.

Your guide should really be incorporated into the OpenLC_EU user guide, may save confusion for people like me that never used the scenery library before.

Ed

This hs not worked for me.  I have Prepar3d V2.2.  I have installed as directed, manipulated scenery per your instructions, and I have yet this issue.  The scenery tiles continue to change and morph.

Disregard ED.  I was having the issue while flying in Germany/Austria and I realized that I had Europe selected in FTX Central while it should have been set at Global.  All is good.

Thx to Ed I found the problem I think, somehow the installation moved the lc files out of place in the scenery library' go to the Orbx folder in the sim root folder, look in scripts and find the  configurator_OLC file , left click it then run the exe, this puts all the lc files in their correct places and appears to have solved the problem.

regards Reg.

Oh well, nearly got it right, now reset install point and all seems well. Thx Ed.

Archived