FTX NA GOLD Northern California (NCA)

This isn't a support issue - just my opinion. Finally got NCA and was surprised how well I handled San Francisco. Thanks for modeling it in a fps friendly way. That was my biggest concern.

But did notice the vegetation and sandy colors have a yellowish green tint instead of the darker green and brown I am used to in a FTX region.

Has anyone else noticed this?

ThSaz.jpg

We actually spent quite some time fine-tuning the coloration of all the landclass tiles to distinguish them from the other regions and give them a more proper California feel. If you fly up to the northern end of NCA closer to PNW you'll notice the textures begin to turn back to the duller, greener, textures more appropriate for the Pacific Northwest. Central California is much vibrant and golden.

Flew north to Redding and you're right texture color turns back to darker greens and browns. Thanks for the quick response. I can now fly from Monterey to Anchorage almost seamlessly never leaving an Orbx region.

The Los Angeles basin down to San Diego is scaring me though. There must be 20 million people living there. Probably by the time SCA is released it will be time for a new computer though so will worry about that when the time comes.

Archived