Yoke & Peddle Combo

Arran OLeary

I'm looking to buy a proper yoke and peddle combination.

I've seen both the CH Eclipse and CH peddles, and Saitek Pro yoke and standalone throttle package with their peddles, and was wondering if anyone has experience in either?

Should I stick with the one brand for both, or if there are advantages with having Saitek Yoke with CH peddles or vice versa.

At this stage I'm likely to go with Saitek, but only cause I've had better experiences with their joysticks in the past.

Advice appreciated.

Azza

I don't think the simulator would care as long as they are addressed correctly, I use my Clutch, Brake and Throttle pedals for my rudder currently whilst I build my own pedal/toe brake combination, and if they are good enough I might consider making them for other's.

Be warned they would be expensive as the final version will be Alloy and in the typical Aussie vernacular "built like a brick shit house".

CH brakes the bank while Saitek is a little easy on the pocket and to be honest I doubt there is much in it. I have Saitek and they have taken a beating both in FPS and Air Combat sims so if your main use is the namby pamby FSX then both will last a life time. Saitek do have a great ability too program and use macros or key strokes. BTW Saitek have now gone back to the animated images on there programming if that is easier for you or for those that cried when they removed it because they couldn't be bothered to read a manual.

I've had both brands and whilst they're both good I'd recommend the Saitek hands down for a couple of reasons.

1. Saitek has a solid metal feel, CH is much lighter plastic.

2. Saitek seems much smother. After a while the CH would 'catch' as you turned.

3. Separate throttle quadrant is high quality and allows more layout options.

For twin engines I use the Saitek yoke paired with the CH Throttle quadrant which is great.

Just my thoughts.

I use a mixture of Saitek and CH stuff...

For Saitek, I use the yoke, throttle quadrant and the switch panel. I like them all, and have no problems with any of them.

As for CH, I have a CH yoke that I do not use anymore because the Saitek one is made better. The CH one is all plastic where as the Saitek one has some metal and some plastic parts. For me, the Saitek yoke wins hands down over my CH one. Also, I have a set of CH pedals and a CH throttle quadrant. The pedals work fine, and as such I did not go with the Saitek ones simply because I've had no real problems with them. However, had I not already had them, then I would have probably gone with the Saitek pedals. The CH throttle quadrant also works fine, but again, had I not already had it when I ordered my Saitek yoke, then I would have ordered a second Saitek throttle quadrant. The big difference in the throttles is that the Saitek one has the ability to set thrust reverse where as the CH one does not.

Hope that helps you out with your decision...:)

Thanks guys for your feedback.

Based on your comments and the reviews I've read elsewhere, I'm looking to purchase the full Saitek suite if I can aford it:

Yoke, Rudder peddles, Additional throttle quadrant (so can fly twins realistically or four engine jets), and Switch Panel.

If I have any dramas, I'll be sure to let others know so they can learn from my problems.

Thanks again,

Azza

Archived