Carenado C185 in P3D anyone?

DocBird

Has anyone ported over the Carenado C185 Bush? I miss her so much.

I have manually copied over the files from my FSX Installation to my P3D 2.2 Installation but the gauges are not working. Does anybody know how to fix that?

I don't want to use the estonia tool. I am looking to find which gauges to copy over to P3D Installation.

Any help is much appreciated!

I have the 185 bush and it works with no issues, I have it with the just flight installer and i just put a fake fsx.exe in the p3d root folder and pointed the installer to that and it worked with no issues.

Same here. After pointing the installer to P3dv2 all Carenado 185F versions work fine in my installation. The only newer Carenado plane that won't work properly is the previous Grand Caravan (normal and cargo) which has several issues like an incomplete VC model and an inoperative throttle.

I tried to install with the carenado installer but there is no way to point the install to my P3D2 Installation. It installs it into the FSX installation on my C:drive and not to the P3D2-installaion on my I:drive.

Any suggestions?

rename your fsx folder and you should be good to go and when you are done give it back its original name.

O.K. I rename the FSX-main-Folder and the installer will automatically find the P3D2 mainfolder (with the fake fsx.exe in it)? Is that it?

O.K. I rename the FSX-main-Folder and the installer will automatically find the P3D2 mainfolder (with the fake fsx.exe in it)? Is that it?

It wont auto find p3d bit it should give you the option to select the directory you wish to install it to.

I tried to install with the carenado installer but there is no way to point the install to my P3D2 Installation. It installs it into the FSX installation on my C:drive and not to the P3D2-installaion on my I:drive.

Any suggestions?

It wont auto find p3d bit it should give you the option to select the directory you wish to install it to.

My C185F installer offers the possibility to choose the installation directory too. DocBird, perhaps you have an older version? In this case try downloading the actual installer again from wherever you purchased it.

@Frank Schnibben: Have Carenado said anything about that issue? The C208B is the only aircraft from them I own so far.

I didn't ask Carenado yet. Since the installation seems not to work without EMT, I followed spok's suggestion and installed the Caravan (+ the cargo enhancement) again - this time his way and with no problems. The VC model and all gauges show up completely now in P3D 2.2 and work fine.

Strange Things happend ...

I renamed the "Microsoft Flight Simulator X-Folder" by deleting the X and tried to install the C185 again.

The installer did what he always does and created a new "Mircosoft Flight Simulator"-folder with only one effects-folder one gauges-folder and one C185-folder in it.

I simmply copied and pasted the content of those folders into my P3D2-folders and that was it. Now the 185 works well.

I am, however, under the impression that it is not the lightes plane on the fps, correct?

Thanks for the info. Did you have to remove the fsx.exe from the normal FSX folder so that the installer doesn't find it?

I didn't remove the fsx.exe. Only changed the Name of the Mircosoft Flight Simulator x-Folder which may be the cause for the issue discribed above...

Archived