VC hit on fps

ridinroun

You can do all kinds of tweaks and moving sliders to improve your frames but I was fooling around and noticed I get a hit of as much as 20 fps in VC view as opposed to the outside view. I tried different aircraft and got the same result. I did not try default aircraft. I've been fooling around with P3D v2 and found this to be the same in that sim as well. There really isn't much you can do about this that I have found so far. All kinds of talk about scenery but not much on VC. Is this common or is this possibly my machine?

I have both sims (FSX P3D2) and no way do I see a hit on frames like that in VC. In fact sometimes my frames go up as its not rendering the vast amount of scenery detail as an outside view.

I must admit that lately I rarely check fps as long as the sim is smooth then I am happy.

I would investigate more on this as that does seem a large hit.

I'm getting the opposite of you. Outside views increase my fps big time. Go inside the plane and get a big drop. Outside the plane is smooth. Inside I have a little stutter. Majestic Dash 8 is fine and the default aircraft I tried are fine. The ifly 737 and PMDG NGX has big drop in frames in the cockpit. Outside views with those aircraft is fine.

ya my framerates skyrocket outside the vc as well, i get better performace with unlocked frames then i do with locked,with a default plane, global,and vector i get 150fps, but as soon as i load in a payware plane my frames drop, so orbx did a great job optimizing the scenery.

The reason you get fps drops from inside the VC is due to all the extra textures and gauges being loaded. This is especially apparent in Carenado's G1000 aircraft due to the high resolution of their cockpits (4096x4096 if I'm not mistaken).

Archived