NZQN: What am I missing? Buildings?

olli4740

Hi all!

Got NZQN from the current sale; thanks for another splendid title and another inexpensive occasion to "complete" my FullTerrainExperience.

I have a feeling not all buildings in the vicinity of the airport are showing; this is about what it looks like (RED seems to be missing; GREEN looks o.k. to me; more pics at the end of my post):

Yzlm.jpg

So what have I done so far:

• Had to shift all the FTX entries from my insertion point (low) back up to the top priority in the scenery.cfg in order for the NZQN airport buildings to show (possible conflict with 4th party addon scenery; airport buildings now look o.k. to me).
  • Reinstalled everything related to NZSI (With all the FTX Central switches back to Oceania applied.): NZSI, NZSI patch #2, NZQN - no joy.
  • Tried a different NZQN ObjectFlow.dll version as had been advised in a different support thread here (NZQN FSX OF.dll version, dated 2012, 10th of July). Module installer worked fine (one OF dll out, one OF dll in), but still no solution.
  • Checked other ORBX titles that proved vulnerable to antivirus quarantining and blocking in the past (as far as ObjectFlow.dll's were concerned: KSFF, Jefferson County - they still work fine).
  • I did not reinstall ZoneAlarm ( ::)). No quarantining by either MSE or MalWareBytes. (MWB's brand new AV engine update installed just the other day).
  • Checked PeopleFlow, road traffic, boat traffic, AI traffic - they all look unaffected to me.
  • In the NZQN scenery folder, all files can be properly identified by file type (extension) - bgl's show as bgl's. (Could there be a bgl file missing???)

Any hint, suggestion or request for me to provide more specific information is very welcome. Thank you all in advance!!

More screenshots - in this area buildings do show:

SmYWu.jpg

Not so much in these areas:

iPzt.jpg
x9r5H.jpg
hVwy.jpg
nNzAI.jpg
mOE40.jpg
9KfdQ.jpg

Thanks a lot, Holger!! I somehow missed that link during my forum search.

Applied the Antarctica exclude bgl provided in those links and now NZQN looks 'as advertised'.

For anyone interested, Aerosoft's Antarctica (even the download version) is still sold as version 1.00 - so whoever buys it these days (or needs to reinstall it) should add that fix as their final step during (re)installation.

And now, Holger, let's all head back to John's birthday party ...   :smile:

EDIT:

Just noticed, I used the Twin Otter "demo" from the Antarctica title in those screenshots!   :lol:

And some speedy and precise help that was, Holger.

As a final test, I returned to my former insertion point (really quite low) and, with the Antarctica exclude applied, now even that insertion point works fine again with NZQN. And, of course, having set up a fresh NZSI, I reinstalled my NZMF for the correct elevations over there.   8)

Then a short ride in the 'extended' Twotter from NZQN to NZMF with Active Sky Next - I was virtually impressed.

Archived