FTX Terrain - FTX Global Vector Compatibility

hjmx

Is FTX Global Vector truly compatible with FTX Terrain products?  I mean it should as it comes from the same distributor. But unfortunately it seems that this is not the case - at least in FTX AU Perth area.

I am not very often flying in FTX AU but when I do, I get sometimes the impression that some textures are not correct. It looks like a texture morphing issue. That's why I followed the instructions how to repair the terrain.cfg (see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/79004-resolving-rapid-ground-texture-morphing/) but this did not help.

Finally I found that it is a FTX Global Vector issue. If I deactivate all five FTX Vector entries the texture anomalies are gone. It's noteworthy that this is the case with FSX as well as with P3Dv2 - both show related anomalies in Perth area. I will check other areas too.

Regards,

Harry

Please compare the screenshots I made in Perth area (P3Dv2):

FTX Vector active:

NW4bS.jpg

FTX Vector inactive:

Me8w.jpg

Hi Harry,

the first two FTX regions we released, AU BLUE and GOLD, don't use the "exclude-and-replace-all-landscape-components" approach of all FTX regions released since; we simply didn't have the geospatial data available for them to do that. That's why it's possible that other landscape add-ons, such as Vector, can locally add content that isn't fully compatible. The options you have to work around this is to either deactivate the Vector entries while flying in those regions or using the Vector configuration tool to deactivate the incompatible components, in this case golf courses and parks. Obviously, using the latter approach has global effect, which is why I'd suggest the former.

Cheers, Holger

Aha, that's a well-founded answer. Thank you Holger. Has this been discussed elsewhere? If not, I would suggest to put this thread to the FTX Vector or to Compatibilty forum. Not sure where it fits better. This answer concerns everyone flying in FTX AU Blue or Gold and having FTX Vector enabled.

Will this issue be addressed in a future patch?

Cheers,

Harry

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, if flying in FTX Australia, what it the most efficient way to disable vector?

Would disabling the appropriate scenery library entries do it? I know some of them are set to Required and cannot be without editing that file.

• 4 months later...

Now we have Vector 1.20 and this is still an issue. I am wondering why this isn't discussed in the Vector forum. There should be a quick enable/disable switch for Vector when flying in OC. Even better would be that Vector gets automatically disabled when FTX Regions are chosen in the FTX Central - It is not needed in so-called "full fat regions". That means that Vector should only being active with FTX Global is ticked in FTX Central. I will try to discuss this also in the Vector forum.

Harry

• 1 month later...

Now we have Vector 1.20 and this is still an issue. I am wondering why this isn't discussed in the Vector forum. There should be a quick enable/disable switch for Vector when flying in OC. Even better would be that Vector gets automatically disabled when FTX Regions are chosen in the FTX Central - It is not needed in so-called "full fat regions". That means that Vector should only being active with FTX Global is ticked in FTX Central. I will try to discuss this also in the Vector forum.

Harry

Hi Holger,  

I'm just a little confused with the solution to the above FTX Vector and AU Gold incompatibility issues!  The first suggestion was to deactivate the Vector entries whilst flying in incompatibility regions, or there's the second option to resolve the issue by deactivate the EXX, CVX, and OBJ folders whilst flying in AU GOLD and other incompatibility regions!

Excuse me for my ignorance,  but I don't know how to deactivate the EXX, CVX, and OBJ entries,   I assume you mean the EXX, CVX, and OBJ entries within the FTX AU Roads, Scenery and Shores folders, or is their some type of .config file with entries that I need to deactivate?

Or,   do I simply disable the EXX, CVX, and OBJ folders within the FTX Vector folder? 

If disabling the folders is the best way to deactivate  FTX Vector whilst flying in AU GOLD,   do I just remove the EXX, CVX, and OBJ folders out of the FTX Vector folder, and place the folders back into the Vector folder when I want to fly in compatible region?

It does seem like a lot of stuffing around,  however I assume this will be fixed in a FTX Vector update sometime in the future!

Holger,  I understand there was nothing you do about it at the time, but are able to tell me if this will be fixed sometime in the near future! 

Regards   ::)

• 3 months later...

Hi Harry,

the first two FTX regions we released, AU BLUE and GOLD, don't use the "exclude-and-replace-all-landscape-components" approach of all FTX regions released since; we simply didn't have the geospatial data available for them to do that. That's why it's possible that other landscape add-ons, such as Vector, can locally add content that isn't fully compatible. The options you have to work around this is to either deactivate the Vector entries while flying in those regions or using the Vector configuration tool to deactivate the incompatible components, in this case golf courses and parks. Obviously, using the latter approach has global effect, which is why I'd suggest the former.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holdger,

I am seeing the same issues in all the AU regions Green Red blue and Gold. Vectors disabling in the FSX Library works. Also noticed running FTX Central in Global with Hybrid mode helps get rid or mask the squares and coast line issues but it still does not look 100%. For anyone who wants to see FTX AU in all its glorry and you have Vectors you have to disable it as per Holdger's instructions. I hope one day there will be a fix. 

Archived