FTX ENGLAND: GA Airports Detail

aceridgey

Hi guys,

I am just rediscovering GA flying again and I am exploring all the little airports in the UK.

Although I already knew that ORBX has upgraded a lot of default airports, I didn't realise that it was every single airport (IS that correct, because it looks like that)

Moreover, I was also surprised to see that there is people flow (moving people around the aerodrome) at most if not all of these small airports.

2 questions:

1) am I right in this thinking?

2) Does having moving people at all of the airports impact performance?

Alex

Hi there guys thanksd for the reply,

I originally did a post edit and asked a 3rd question but obviously something went wrong.

3) I am using Planb for VFR planning and using the VRP (visual reference points) on the map to work out positions. So far, I haven't seen many VRP's indicated on PlanB actually feature in Orbx england. Is there a rough estimate to how many VRP's have been modelled?

Cheers,

Alex

A lot of VRPs are based on terrain and/or roads, railway line, powerline intersections etc, so in these cases, yes. They have been "modelled" as they are simply part of what FTX England does.

However, a good number of VRPs are based on specific objects (like monuments, buildings, towers etc) so these would require hand made, custom objects to be made... While there are a lot of such objects in the product, it's simply not within the product scope to create special 3D objects for every single VRP of this type.

That being said, you could always use an object placement tool and add any VRPs you find missing yourself ;)

A lot of VRPs are based on terrain and/or roads, railway line, powerline intersections etc, so in these cases, yes. They have been "modelled" as they are simply part of what FTX England does.

However, a good number of VRPs are based on specific objects (like monuments, buildings, towers etc) so these would require hand made, custom objects to be made... While there are a lot of such objects in the product, it's simply not within the product scope to create special 3D objects for every single VRP of this type.

That being said, you could always use an object placement tool and add any VRPs you find missing yourself ;)

Thanks for your reply Rob, I wouldn't know where to start with the object placement tool but I appreciate the response.

Cheers 

Archived