Missing objectflow at EGTF, EGKA and EGHR

MarkB356

Hi, after a very lengthy re-install on a new PC (I started over Easter!) I am nearing the end but have had a few problems with these three ORBX airfields.  Nothing wrong at Southampton and Cardiff, my Aussie airfields are great and I see people moving about at default airfields too such as Barton Manchester.  But EGTF, EGKA and EGHR have no objectflow with the exception of the horses in the field next to the runway at Old Warden.  No grass, no people and no signal square at Old Warden either. One possible conflict may have been the presence of UK2000's freeware airfields 2 which included Old Warden but I have uninstalled that now and have reinstalled 'our' Old Warden, but I see no difference.  I did run moduleinstaller, always as administrator and in fact all of my installations have been as administrator and with virus package turned off.  All buildings and static aircraft are present and look as they did before ditching my old PC.  Any suggestions?

thanks in anticipation, Mark

Hi Mark,

if you go to the respective folders for the fields, then you should find a file ObjectFlow.exe, right click and run as Administrator, dod this for the fields where your moving objects are not working, when firing up fsX again after that then there should appear pop ups for every activated Objectflow for the fileds you've run the exe for, accpet and hit OK and you should be fine.

please also make sure to have the latest library files installed => http://fullterrain.com/support.html#orbxlibs watch that you get the correct version for your FS

Cheers Wolter, that sounds promising.  My libraries are up to date but I cannot find an objectflow application in any of my airfield folders.  For example, looking in ORBX/FTX_EU/FTX_AA_EGKA/Scenery I see various BGLs, XMLs, moduleinstaller and so on but no Objectflow.  There is an Objectflow_EGKA but that's just a DLL so I must be looking in the wrong place.  It's a habit of mine!

thanks, Mark

Thanks both, just to be clear, I ran moduleinstaller at the outset, see my original post.  Anyone have any ideas of how to get my objectflow back at these three airfields?   Have already tried re-installing after I removed my UK2000 freeware but the results are always the same.  Regards, Mark

Let's try this:

Go to each scenery folder, run the moduleinstaller and let it uninstall the modules. Go to your fsx.cfg file (located in the %AppData%\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX) and find the [Trusted] section. Find the 3 lines with scenery dll entries and delete those lines & save.

Go back to the moduleinstaller and install the dll's again. I would do them one at a time, starting FSX in between. Make sure that you see the security pop up message asking you to trust the objectflow dll and clicking yes. If you do not see this message than there is an issue with your dll.xml file that will need looking into.

• 3 weeks later...

Right, this problem seems to have righted itself but I'm not sure why....

As I continued with my reinstall I came across a known problem with CLS's MD81, in that VC errors and missing aircraft parts can be caused by FSUIPC faults.  Sure enough, my Add on list had reduced to just AI carriers which I had installed yesterday, no sign of FSUIPC, Accufeel or Captain Sim control panels.  I don't know at what point when I lost my add ons, but after reinstalling FSUIPC up came all of the objectflow security warnings and now everything is back working as it should.  I don't know why, or at what point I lost my FSUIPC, but I'm glad it's back just the same.  Strange how it only affected some of my airfields!

Thanks for your help and suggestions Ed and Wolter, regards, Mark

Archived