How to check FTX Global Vector is installed?

I have recently bought and installed FTX Global Vector and as the changes are subtle (tho' I accept they are worldwide) is there a definitive way of checking that I am seeing FTX Global Vector?

After I installed it, it took me to FTX Control, but FTX Global, FTX Europe and EGKA were showing there as before. Should FTX Global Vector have added something there?

Admitedly the Global Vector PDF is in the PDF's, but I would like to be sure I am seeing what I have bought.

I am still seeing some rroads, rivers and coastlines that seem a bit angluar. But maybe that's because I am flying down the Brazilian coast at the moment.

Thanks

Nigel

When you have installed, Vector 1.15 then you get a new Icon "FTX_Vector_Configurator" on your Desktop.

At last you will see in your scenery.cfg  FTX_vector .........

Oh sorry, could I write this ???

• 3 weeks later...

I have recently bought and installed FTX Global Vector and as the changes are subtle (tho' I accept they are worldwide) is there a definitive way of checking that I am seeing FTX Global Vector?

After I installed it, it took me to FTX Control, but FTX Global, FTX Europe and EGKA were showing there as before. Should FTX Global Vector have added something there?

Admitedly the Global Vector PDF is in the PDF's, but I would like to be sure I am seeing what I have bought.

I am still seeing some rroads, rivers and coastlines that seem a bit angluar. But maybe that's because I am flying down the Brazilian coast at the moment.

Thanks

Nigel

You won't see anything in FTX Central... The Vector scenery is not controlled by FTX Central.

As for the data itself, the biggest differences you will see are in parts of the world that were neglected by Microsoft when they released FSX. The USA, Europe, and some other parts of the world were already quite well represented so differences here will be less easy to spot, but somewhere like Africa should show big differences.

Also, the data used for each country varies in quality... It all depends on what quality dat was available at the time. It's quite possible that some of the Brazilian data was not the same quality as perhaps France or Italy... So straight/angular shapes could still exist.

The good news is that Vector is a continually evolving product and as new, higher quality data becomes available, Vector will be updated... Check out the preview of Vector 1.2 showing the new data being used for US and Canadian water features :)

Toby,

No I haven't had a chance to check the entries, but I will do.

Thanks Rob.

Yes I am finding a mixture of features in Brazil and now Argentina where some coasts and rivers are smooth anbd others jagged.

Nigel

I removed and then reinstalled Vector 1.10 and the entries are now there.

Haven't been able to see what happens if I update to 1.15 yet.

Could it be that the entries only show up if FTX Global is active in the configurator?

• 4 months later...

This is a follow-up as I recently uninstalled FSX and all scenery/aircraft and then reinstalled.

When I reinstalled FTX Vector (after FTX Global, England, Wales and Shoreham) it mentioned I should select FTX Global (in FTX Central) and click Apply!

But the only icons showing in FTX Central were Default and Europe!

I selected Europe and clicked Apply.

Can you advise?

Nigel

P.S. I have a PDF showing in FTX Central for Cardiff EGFF. I haven't installed Cardiff airport!

Hi Nigel,

Egff Cardiff is a freebie, part of the Wales package, To check if vector is installed open FTX Central, in top left corner click tools/reports/FTX products installed, there you should find a full list of all ftx programs in your sim.

FTX Global is a replacement for default textures so the Default in your FTX Central should read FTX Global, I would check the list as above to see if global has installed, if so you should set central to the default setting to install vector. Hope I am making sense.

ps you may find that after cycling your regions in central that default will be replaced by global icon, not sure on that one but sure I read it somewhere on the forums.

cheers, hope this helps,

Reg

Reg,

I appreciate your quick reply and sorry to be slow responding.

I am checking FTX Central now and in the reports I seem to see everything I think I have loaded

FTX AA ORBX LIBRARIES VER 140927 27TH SEPTEMBER 2014
FTX EU EGFF CARDIFF INTL V1.10 - MARCH 2013
FTX EU EGKA SHOREHAM (BRIGHTON)  V1.00 - February 2013
FTX EU ENG England 1.40 - August 2014
FTX EU WLS Wales 1.30 - August 2014
FTX GLOBAL BASE PACK - Version 1.20 December 2013
FTX GLOBAL VECTOR PACK - Version 1.15 March 2014

But I still just see Default and Europe (ticked) in the main window.

I'm not sure how you mean "after cycling your regions ".

How can I do that to see if Default changes to Global?

Thanks for your patience

Nigel

P.S. Nice to have Cardiff as a 'freebie'

Hello Nigel,

Two pictures below were taken just outside of SBRJ, 1st pic is default 2nd is Vector Applied and a massive improvement. You can now update Vector to 1.20 here http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/86633-ftxg-vector-120-update-released/

As for the Ftx Central Global Icon, support for that can be found here http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/15-full-terrain-experience-ftx-payware-support-forum/

Rob gave a very good answer, your Vector installation will not show up as an FTX Central Icon, though it will on your desktop as an icon. 

You can if you wish first take a pic of an area such as below, then go into your scenery library and un tick your vector entries and you will see a difference of how Vector changes your sim.

I hope this helps

Richard

1. Without Vector 

fOIEk.jpg

2. With Vector

o2NcJ.jpg

Thanks Richard,

The point of my most recent question was in regard to FTX Central and why it only shows the icons Default and Europe!

The previous respondant (Reg) indicated, as I thought, that Default should read FTX Global.

I have already bought FTX Vector and do not need convincing that it was a good buy.

Thanks for the pointer to the updated version, which I will install.

Nigel

Pending any further advice, I have searched the forum and the only mention of the problem with Default showing instead of Global in FTX Central is that the latest libraries may not be installed.

However I have the latest libraries and I made a point of loading them again after each time I added or updated the Orbx scenery.

So could someone suggest what else might be causing my FTX Central to be just showing Default and Europe (checked)?

Thanks

Nigel

Hello Nigel

As stated previously the Glogal icon issue needs to be placed in the Payware Support Thread as it is not a Vector issue, http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/15-full-terrain-experience-ftx-payware-support-forum/

Thanks

Richard

Archived