Touch and Goes @ PAEN

aero_edge

I seem to be having a problem with Touch and Goes at PAEN, Kenai Municipal Airport (for FTX NA SAK). Requesting touch and goes from the tower (ground control) before takeoff goes fine, they give me the directions to taxi to the runway (I have installed the hotfix that addressed the missing taxiways which is great btw), and when requesting takeoff from the tower they say to fly a right traffic pattern, but as soon as I touch down the tower says to "contact ground on ..." I wonder what can fix this issue as I'd like to be able to takeoff again to do more than one touch and go! Thanks for the help!

Wow Ok, I never even knew this function existed in FSX so I tried it at PAEN and it works great for me lol. My circuits were depating from 1L, climbed up to 2000/2500' to the ENA VOR then right turn to between 2-3 nm east for the downwind leg and received clearance from atc just before turning base...did four T&G's then requested full stop landing and to my amazement FSX atc was right on the money :)

Doogles, you were helpful! This shows that touch and goes work fine with native FSX ATC before the payware PAEN (Kenai Municipal) airport is installed. After the payware PAEN airport is installed, it seems the "contact ground on ..." problem begins!

Thanks Ed! Yeah, the problem I speak of happens on touch and goes, but also whenever a plane lands normally (not a touch and go) ... instead of getting the, "exit runway when able," or, "turn next taxiway," it's just immediately, "contact ground on..." I'm also cleared to takeoff when there's still a plane on the runway because ATC thinks the plane that just landed is already on a taxiway somehow.

Hi Guys,

Hmmm... I think the issue is that Russ changed the rwy width to "0" so FSX never "senses" the aircraft touch down.  I'll do some checking to see if a slightly smaller rwy "under" the PR one will accomplish the task.  Putting one there and removing the surface and detail should also do the trick.

Cheers, Neil

Hi again,

I put a slightly smaller default rwy under Russ's PR one and I now get the  "exit rwy when able" message but for some reason tower keeps giving me the 1 Left "Water" rwy.  I can change it by request but maybe the water rwy is 1st choice for some reason.  I'll try to get someone to test and make sure nothing is broken by this change.

Cheers, Neil

Ed, thank you. I just moved the files into the PAEN scenery folder, and voila, more than one touch and go is now possible! Also, the taxiway directions are still correct. Thank you for great support on this! I will let you know if I stumble across any other, rare, occurrences needing fixing. And to Neil, about the tower giving you the water landing... I had this happen to me before installing ORBX Kenai Municipal, so I think it's just something to do with native FSX. When requesting touch and goes I got runway 1 left, and when flying ILS into Kenai, I have never gotten a water runway, I think it's a VFR occurrence, getting the water runway that is. Just thought I'd throw these details out there!

Quick question for Ed, will these hotfixes be already installed into the download when a customer first downloads the product, or will they have to apply these hotfixes themselves after downloading the product?

• 6 months later...

Ed, thank you. I just moved the files into the PAEN scenery folder, and voila, more than one touch and go is now possible! Also, the taxiway directions are still correct. Thank you for great support on this! I will let you know if I stumble across any other, rare, occurrences needing fixing. And to Neil, about the tower giving you the water landing... I had this happen to me before installing ORBX Kenai Municipal, so I think it's just something to do with native FSX. When requesting touch and goes I got runway 1 left, and when flying ILS into Kenai, I have never gotten a water runway, I think it's a VFR occurrence, getting the water runway that is. Just thought I'd throw these details out there!

Quick question for Ed, will these hotfixes be already installed into the download when a customer first downloads the product, or will they have to apply these hotfixes themselves after downloading the product?

UPDATE* 12/10/2014 I just purchased PAEN and I have the same ATC problem as OP, I'm trying the hotfix as well.

• 8 months later...

Hi Neil

I have just been reading this topic and I have the exact same issue with my ORBX EU EGKA Shoreham package. I am unable to perform a touch and go, because after initially being cleared for TNG, on touch down ATC instructs me to contact ground and if I continue I get a not cleared to take off message for ATC. Would you have a similar solution to the one for PAEN?

Archived