Jackson Hole

fly2012

G'day there,

A couple of quick points and questions:

1. It looks like you mightn't have completed the full installation of KJAC by running all three installers - for more information on how to do that have a read of this topic

2. Do you have CRM installed underneath? If not, you will be missing out on the custom seasons file Holger created which more accurately portrays seasonal change in the area, which is what was used as a template for KJAC. 

3. Make sure you have your ORBXlibs up to date. 

FYI, the correct seasons by month at KJAC should be: 

January - March: Hard Winter
April: Winter
May-June: Spring
July-August: Summer
September: Fall
October: Winter
Nov-December: Hard Winter 

Let me know how you go.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hi Jarrad.

Ok first thing i did today was downloading the full zip file.

Extracted the file and executed all three files one after another (as admin ofc).

Then installed the CRM 3 patch (CRM is of course installed) and at last the newest OrbX Library.

No difference, even when i set the date to early August the grass remains white. There are also some white trees btw. (the animated ones)

That's very odd indeed. 

2. Do you have CRM installed underneath? If not, you will be missing out on the custom seasons file Holger created which more accurately portrays seasonal change in the area, which is what was used as a template for KJAC. 

3. Make sure you have your ORBXlibs up to date. 

How did you go with these two points?

Cheers,

Jarrad

CRM is installed (i just installed it once again, with patch and library).

Can you confirm that there has to be green grass in august? For me now it looks like there is winter all year long, at least a little.

Can't remember how it looked like when i visited the place the last time, maybe i haven't noticed, maybe it was different, can't tell.

Now we come a little closer to the solution.

I did run the ModuleInstaller.exe from KJAC, next thing was it told me that there is a corrupt version of the dll.xml and if i would like to create a new one. After backup the old one i agreed and ran FSX. And there it was, green gras. 

I compared the dll.xml entries from the new one and the old one, couldn't see any difference (speaking of the part from KJAC).

For my understanding there must be another issue in the dll.xml. 

I'm not so much familiar with the files of FSX and what they are doing. What happens if i just keep the new one with just the single entry from KJAC.

Do all my other addons stop working properly?

The dll.xml is known to corrupt pretty easily. Other add-ons that use external modules will need to be reinserted so repeat the ModuleInstaller.exe process with all your other airports, or just run their installers again.

For airports if they are already installed go to their airport folder, for example C:\...\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KJAC, then the "Scenery" folder and run the ModuleInstaller.exe. This will apply for every airport. For regions you can navigate to their scenery folder (C:\...\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_SAK05_SCENERY\scenery) and do the same. The only regions currently with ObjectFlow are NZNI and SAK.

Other addons that require modules will need their entries reinserted into the dll.xml. I don't know of any specific addons but many aircraft use external modules. If the grass is white again that means the dll.xml entry is either broken or the file has been corrupted again. It's a very finicky file.

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I've got the same prob at KJAC and KWYS - any time of the year - "white gras" - ObjectFlow...DLL'S in the sceneries and the Library Folder should run as I activated them manually (<ManualLoad>True>/ManualLoad>)

is the possibly any need to put these DLL's at the beginning of the dll.xml ? (I once solved an Issue with the AddonManager (bglmanx.dll) by putting it on the top)

Any help/hint appreceated

P.S. as far as I can tell, this prob is appearent on all ORBX airports in NA using objectFlow (KJAC, KWYS, CBB7, PAJN, PAKT)

I know it's cold up there.... but frozen trees in Juny? :wacko:   8) 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived