FTX - Enter a whole new world

Variometer

I'm aware that mostly everybody already watched this video at the ORBX showcase (more than 1000 on one day), but for the sake of completeness (don't believe a word of it, I'm merely fishing for compliments  ;D) I would like to post the link to my Vimeo page too. Maybe someone wants to post a comment or a question on my site regarding the technical aspects of this clip  ;).

I am also using the opportunity to thank you for the nice comments in the others topics here in this forum, they are very much appreciated : A special thank you goes to hcornea, who saved me a lot of time by creating just a simple box, which I used for the portals. I guess, I never would have been able to finish this clip without this box, because the masking by hand would have lasted a year or longer. And not to forget those guys who did those marvellous aircraft repaints. I would have loved to use more of them, but had to keep the focus on the fantastic scenery as far as possible. Last but not least a big compliment to John Venema for showing so much patience and understanding concerning my repeated delays of the finishing date.

So here is the link: http://www.vimeo.com/3197785

Cheers, Andreas

OH MY GOD!!!!

Absolutely breathtaking Andreas....

And people are moaning about the demise of Flight Simulator....

Just look at what we have got...and we haven't realised it's FULL potential yet....

Plenty of happy simming years ahead me thinks....

Dave

what a genious concept of merging original textures with FTX textures, it really brings home as to what a fantastic addition FTX is to flight simulator. loved the video think it is the best one I have seen yet and that is a pretty high standard because all the other ones you have produced are very good as well, I think that FTX will be jumping off the shelves and into flight simmers hands after seeing that video. Assuming they don't already have FTX, fantastic job mate. ;):)

Archived