CAF8 afcad in both PNW and PFJ

B77X

I see afcad files for the airport CAF8 in both the PNW and PFJ scenery folders. Which one do I use?

Also 6OR8 has duplicate afcad files, the new one installed by the latest patch has an extra space before .bgl

Hi David,

thanks for the heads-up.

Nimpo Lake SPB is in the PFJ region so the PNW file (ADE_FTX_PNW_CAF8_Nimpo_Lake_SPB.BGL) can be removed.

Good catch on the 6OR8 typo, noted. You can delete the version with the extra space.

WA80/81 has a couple of issues: ADE_FTX_PNW_WA80_McClellan_Field.BGL is indeed a copy of WA81 and should be replaced with the version attached below. Also, ADE_FTX_PNW_WA81_Fishermans_Bay_SBP.bgl and ADE_FTX_PNW_WA81_Fishermans_Bay_SPB.bgl are superfluous and can be deleted as there is ADE_FTX_PNW_WA81_Fishermans_Bay_LPS.bgl , which is the correct PNW version of that floatplane base. 

Cheers, Holger

ADE_FTX_PNW_WA80_McClellan_Field.zip

Holger,

I notice that the 6OR8 duplicate file you recommend deleting is actually the most recent dated 2/12/2014 whereas the file without the space is dated 8/9/2010.  Would the more recent file be the one I should keep?

Hi David,

thanks for the heads-up.

Nimpo Lake SPB is in the PFJ region so the PNW file (ADE_FTX_PNW_CAF8_Nimpo_Lake_SPB.BGL) can be removed.

Good catch on the 6OR8 typo, noted. You can delete the version with the extra space.

WA80/81 has a couple of issues: ADE_FTX_PNW_WA80_McClellan_Field.BGL is indeed a copy of WA81 and should be replaced with the version attached below. Also, ADE_FTX_PNW_WA81_Fishermans_Bay_SBP.bgl and ADE_FTX_PNW_WA81_Fishermans_Bay_SPB.bgl are superfluous and can be deleted as there is ADE_FTX_PNW_WA81_Fishermans_Bay_LPS.bgl , which is the correct PNW version of that floatplane base. 

Cheers, Holger

Thank you Holger

Can you attach the proper files for ADE_FTX_PNW_WA81_Fishermans_Bay_LPS.bgl

I cannot find it in my install anymore. Only ADE_FTX_PNW_WA81_Fishermans_Bay_SBP

Hi guys,

FYI these are not "problems" as in something that leads to display or other issues at those airports and seaplane bases. Obviously though, if we discover or are told of duplicate files we'll deal with them in upcoming service packs.

As for the file dates in this case it doesn't matter since the files are identical. The newer date stems from us re-compiling all airport files in a newer version of ADE in order to eliminate the issue with invisible taxiways in P3Dv2. Since neither 6OR8 nor the seaplane bases have taxiways the older versions can be used. Also ADE_FTX_PNW_WA81_Fishermans_Bay_LPS.bgl and ADE_FTX_PNW_WA81_Fishermans_Bay_SBP are identical so you can retain one or the other.

Cheers, Holger

Archived