Blurries!

mikee

That really looks too odd, Mikee. I usually get (few) blurries when

a) the CPU has too much work to do for getting the requested level of detail (this may depend on the plane, or the dusk/dawn double data load, or too much LOD or autogen requested)

B) I fly (too) low & fast

c) I fly over FTX England. Sorry.

Normally the blurries leave after a few seconds of pausing. Do you see the same?

Try a default plane (uuuaaah), set the time to day, get at least 2000 ft AGL, and play with autogen (reduce?) and LOD in the fsx.cfg (reduce to 4.5? increase to 6.5?). Hope this helps?!

That really looks too odd, Mikee. I usually get (few) blurries when

a) the CPU has too much work to do for getting the requested level of detail (this may depend on the plane, or the dusk/dawn double data load, or too much LOD or autogen requested)

8) I fly (too) low & fast

c) I fly over FTX England. Sorry.

Normally the blurries leave after a few seconds of pausing. Do you see the same?

Try a default plane (uuuaaah), set the time to day, get at least 2000 ft AGL, and play with autogen (reduce?) and LOD in the fsx.cfg (reduce to 4.5? increase to 6.5?). Hope this helps?!

Hello stillwater , thank you very much for your reply !  Indeed my LOD was set to 6.5 ,  i do not know if this is the reason for the blurries , i will try again later using the default value. Even when i pressed Pause the blurries where there ...

I will let you know later...One more question , in your fsx cfg. did you add any Tweaks to avoid blurries?

Thanks again ,  Mike.

Check your FSX.CFG and your NI settings.

You might want to try TextureMaxLoad=15 and LOD 4.5 and FFTF 0.22

Also start med TML=1024 then move to 2048 if everything is okay.

NI Settings has a profile for FSX .Are you a DX10 user ? If so there is a DX10 setup guide out there with Steves DX10 Fixer

You can try forcing (enhance the application AnisotropicFiltering=16 in the NI)

One step at a time for test

Michael 

NI Settings has a profile for FSX .Are you a DX10 user ? If so there is a DX10 setup guide out there with Steves DX10 Fixer

Michael 

Thank you Michael , i am using only DX9 .  I wil try your suggestions later and see if i get any improvement!

Mike

Hi Mike, you mentioned earlier that the blurries are still there when you pause the sim. How long do you wait for the scenery to catch up with you when you have it paused? I always had my LOD-radius at 6.5, even with my i7 920 and the GTX 560 and usualy had the ground reappear within seconds...

Perhaps a clean re-build of your cfg (backup the one you are currently using first!) with just the highmemfix and lod-radius-settings might be in order. From there you can then slowly make your way by adding the Texture-max-load etc.

Cheers

Mallard

Limit FPS to 25, turn on all cores in the Task Manager Affinity setting. There was a trigger in FSX, and now P3D, that blurred textures rather than crash the overloaded system. It may be "over reacting" in P3D. If I slew at 1800 knots I can trigger burred textures aka "blurries". However, if all cores are on there is a quick recovery in stark contrast to one or more cores turned off. General Aviation at low levels is not longer a problem.

Obviously other setting too high for the system may have their own impact. Eventually it takes money to enjoy all of the features to their fullest.

Hello stillwater , thank you very much for your reply !  Indeed my LOD was set to 6.5 ,  i do not know if this is the reason for the blurries , i will try again later using the default value. Even when i pressed Pause the blurries where there ...

I will let you know later...One more question , in your fsx cfg. did you add any Tweaks to avoid blurries?

Thanks again ,  Mike.

Hi Mike, you mentioned earlier that the blurries are still there when you pause the sim. How long do you wait for the scenery to catch up with you when you have it paused? I always had my LOD-radius at 6.5, even with my i7 920 and the GTX 560 and usualy had the ground reappear within seconds...

Perhaps a clean re-build of your cfg (backup the one you are currently using first!) with just the highmemfix and lod-radius-settings might be in order. From there you can then slowly make your way by adding the Texture-max-load etc.

Cheers

Mallard

Hi Mikee,

the "clean-re-build" suggestion of the fsx.cfg is always a good move (do not forget to rename your old one to something like fsx.cfg 20140424.off). Sure you know FSX will creat the clean one upon the next start. You need to add HIGHMEMFIX=1 manually, and then just return slowly to your "usual" settings (which can be seen from the  fsx.cfg 20140424.off).

BTW, I have limited the frame rate to max 30.

Hope you get it solved to enjoy simming again!

Hi Mikee,

the "clean-re-build" suggestion of the fsx.cfg is always a good move (do not forget to rename your old one to something like fsx.cfg 20140424.off). Sure you know FSX will creat the clean one upon the next start. You need to add HIGHMEMFIX=1 manually, and then just return slowly to your "usual" settings (which can be seen from the  fsx.cfg 20140424.off).

BTW, I have limited the frame rate to max 30.

Hope you get it solved to enjoy simming again!

Limit FPS to 25, turn on all cores in the Task Manager Affinity setting. There was a trigger in FSX, and now P3D, that blurred textures rather than crash the overloaded system. It may be "over reacting" in P3D. If I slew at 1800 knots I can trigger burred textures aka "blurries". However, if all cores are on there is a quick recovery in stark contrast to one or more cores turned off. General Aviation at low levels is not longer a problem.

Obviously other setting too high for the system may have their own impact. Eventually it takes money to enjoy all of the features to their fullest.

Cheers

Mallard

Michael 

Hello guys and thank you very much for your help.  I think i managed to get rid of the blurries (or at least most off them).    In the Bios i set  Hypethread On and in my fsxcfg.  i added:   [JOBSCHEDULER] AffinityMask=84    plus HIGHMEMFIX=1 .

Below are some shots :

sHAWr.jpg

YK2Gj.jpg

YuJvo.jpg

IXPOg.jpg

ZiIuj.jpg

Iuwf9.jpg

nAbC3.jpg

Thanks again ::)

Archived