Agitated scenery near Sydney

glasklar

Near Sydney something is not correct with the scenery.

Suddenly the original scenery changes to water, then to something else, back to water and so on. I never remarked this to date. I bought the DVD Box FTX

Australia 2009-04-18, Order number FSS0026351 and I installed all updates.

What could be the reasons of these suddenly scenery changes?

Here a picture of the problem:

u2IGz.jpg

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards, Heinz

Yes, it is set to Oceania.

In other regions I did not determine these problems until now, also in other regions in Australia.

Could it be, that FTX Global and FTX Vector are responsible?

I think, it is the first time that I am flying near Sydney since the installation of these two sceneries.

Regards, Heinz

Hello Heinz,

those oddly morphing textures indicate that FSX cannot find a specific texture set, in this case golf course textures. I can confirm that this happens when FTXG Vector is active at the same time as FTX AU, even if placed at lower display priority (as it should be). Not sure why that is but, unlike all of our other FTX regions, AU is not a complete replacement of the default landscape and thus some of the Vector components also display but, apparently, not correctly. I believe there are issues with shorelines and waterbodies in some locations as well.

For these reasons we recommend to deactivate Vector while flying within Australia, either by unchecking its entries in the scenery library menu or through the Vector control panel.

Cheers, Holger 

Archived