Heartbleed bug

Mikelab6

All,

Please keep the following in mind.  Many sites have recently "patched" for this vulnerability, so running the scan today to expose the flaw could be after the fact and provides a false sense of security for that site. 

Since this could possibly have been out in the wild for a couple of years now, it is prudent to change all of your online passwords.

As a matter of fact, everyone should make it a routine procedure to change your online passwords (at least to your email, and any important financial or transaction sites) at least twice per year.  And don't change them to simple characters or names, use a combination of complex upper/lower case, + alphanumeric and special characters.  Further, make sure they are each unique to each site, - don't use the same one across all your sites.

Yes, this is a giant pain.  I myself have trouble remembering what I ate for lunch, let alone a complex password change every so often.  And yes, I can confess my wife's email was hacked last year, and from there and in just one week it nearly became catastrophic for us.  Believe me, it can happen to you too.  Just write them all down and store in a secure, non-visible spot.  Make a password recovery plan, and consider carrying your passwords in a hidden spot when you travel, too. 

For more great information, Google is your friend!

P.S.  I make my living working in IT, and I knew better.  I was just lazy...don't be like I was!

Don't forget also that all sites (orbx, fullterrain, flightsimstore etc etc) run via Cloudflare and Cloudflare fixed the issue last week, before the info was even made public.

There is no need for a great hype about this to begin with, everything is vulnerable and the old IT saying goes...

'If they want what you have, they will be able to"

https://blog.cloudflare.com/staying-ahead-of-openssl-vulnerabilities

Archived