Flashing trees at Sekiu

Blackrat

This will happen if you have wind of under 5knts gusting above 5knts. The trees are OFed so that above 5 knts they move, but below they don't, so every time the wind gusts above that speed, it will reload the tree models, which causes this. The solution is simply to set a finite wind speed, or at least above 5knts and gusting above.

Also it looks like your mesh is a bit off there, make sure your mesh resolution is set to 5m

Cheers

Misha, I hate to add this, as you have done an absolute sterling job on this scenery, it really is superb. But, I was just about to post a support request. The trees shouldn't be flashing and disappearing like their on steroids! It completely ruins what is otherwise a superb scenery. I have just done a little test and yes, if I reduced wind to zero then the effect disappears, then in fact as I increased the wind speed the issue didn't reappear! But why would the trees flash like this, it doesn't make sense. Is there something you can do to prevent it? as I've never seen it at any other airport. I hope so, many thanks.

Hi Howard

It's because every time the wind gusts even a little above 5knts the model gets reloaded, and that's why it flashes. This is the feature where the trees only sway with wind above 5 knts, so you haven't seen it anywhere else because no other airport has this feature. Every time it gusts above 5 knts, the OF module must replace the static tree model with the animated one.

As I said the solution is to have a finite wind speed, although it it's really bothersome you can always select 'static trees' and level 2 grass in the CP, then it won't happen at all

Archived