FTX Ireland vector-style night lighting killing performance

deetee

Hi guys,

I have been running FTX Ireland in P3D v2.2 and have found that after dusk the lights (which are apparently the new better performing vector-style lights) in NIGHT mode still kill performance.

Testing around Dublin at night I found the same area with FTX Ireland lights in DAY mode or with just FTX Global with Vector lighting, performance was as smooth as butter.

Anyone else seen this? According to Ed the following regions have had the "vectorized" lighting applied : Australia, PNW, NorCal, Ireland & Northern Ireland

If this is typical for the new full-fat region lighting I may just ditch the FTX regions completely and stick with FTX Global/Vector/OpenLC as night performance with these is irreproachable.

Thanks in advance.

Dave.

Sorry, I don't get this.

I have AUS installed (which, as I just learned, does not use the new lighting system). It's the only Oceania Region under Prepar3d2 so far. There is a checkbox "Vector Road Lights" in FTX Central. I suppose these checkboxes are area specific, as i.e. "Hybrid Mode" is only available under "FTX Global" which makes sense.

What is this "Vector Road Lights" checkbox supposed to do when AUS does not contain Vector Road Lights at all?

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

Sorry, I don't get this.

I have AUS installed (which, as I just learned, does not use the new lighting system). It's the only Oceania Region under Prepar3d2 so far. There is a checkbox "Vector Road Lights" in FTX Central. I suppose these checkboxes are area specific, as i.e. "Hybrid Mode" is only available under "FTX Global" which makes sense.

What is this "Vector Road Lights" checkbox supposed to do when AUS does not contain Vector Road Lights at all?

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

AUS was patched to the new lighting system.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived