Floating buildings East of KIAD

nandrews

Doogles,

Thanks. Is this just for a few buldings or when lots of buildings are 'floating'?

What I saw were about 3 buildings, a couple of miles to the East of the field.

Now I've found how to paste the picture you can see it!

NigelRGZ5f.jpg

FSX Does have a known "quirk" with the autogen... Very occasionally, usually during a period of high memory usage (large airports, AI traffic, detailed scenery, heavy weather etc). Just a few, or entire blocks of autogen buildings will be rendered in the air above their normal ground position...

The best way to "fix" it is to simply force the sim to reload the scenery.

Hi Nigel

Ya.. I have had the same thing in different locations from time to time, and as Rob suggests, I just reload the scenery or change the mesh resolution setting in FSX or do the Flush Scenery Index thing. I did go have a look around the area you are seeing this, and I am not seeing any floating objects, but my settings and system memory usage are probably different and I am sure I will encounter it again somewhere else in the near future lol :)  I sure like your airplane tho..hahaha the RealAir Turbine Duke..it's my favorite go to airplane that I also fly extensively :)

Thanks to both for you advice,

I will bear that in mind.

On this occasion it didn't bother me much as they were well away and not many. I only mentioned it in case it was a coding error (sometime these errors can be the key to a wider problem).

Regards

Nigel

Pleasure! Yes, it would be a coding issue within Microsoft FSX, not ORBX scenery. I think it is one of the many anomolies that others are still working to coverup or compensate for that one of our favorite flightsims was born with. :)

Archived