FTX Caribbean...

aujeffk

I've made this suggestion for years, but FTX Caribbean would be awesome...I'm island hopping right now and I see lots of opportunities for FTX-grade payware airports.

I typically fly in the PNW, but I get tired of the rain and cold...

I think they said they weren't going to do small places that were already done by other developed. FlyTampa did St. Maarten/St. Barth, and having been there, their rendition is phenomenal.

True but they could still do the Bahamas or Puerto Rico or even the Florida Keys as FTX regions.  All those areas have been done as freeware, but certainly not to payware quality. 

There is a good looking San Juan International coming out next month, and sure there are some good payware products in the region, but really, most of what has been done as quality payware are precisely the large airports that ORBX prefers to steer clear of.  No different than flying FTX England and Scotland while enjoying UK2000 airports.

Another thing is there are a LOT of areas that are going to benefit so incredibly much from the holy trifecta of FTX Global-Vector-OpenLC, that there may not be a huge amount of value to add in some places.  And the Caribbean is one where we don't see a lot of stunning mountain ranges, which is another major aspect of what ORBX seems to offer everywhere they go.

Check out PW Sceneries at strikingsoftware.com for some nice freeware of many of the Caribbean islands.

Especially nice with Global & Vector from Orbx.

For FSX only, as far as I know. I haven't installed them in P3Dv2,

Check out PW Sceneries at strikingsoftware.com for some nice freeware of many of the Caribbean islands.

Especially nice with Global & Vector from Orbx.

For FSX only, as far as I know. I haven't installed them in P3Dv2,

Are those the guys that made FSwaterconfig?

If I remember correctly, that is older scenery. Still would be great if ORBX could do the Caribbean. 

Or Hawaii. Place is so small they could do it all photoreal and place custom autogen and scenery down over it.

Another vote for Hawaii. The islands would be incredible with the full-fat ORBX treatment.

I'm surprised none of the ORBX folks have put up their hand to do some scouting for either HI or the caribbean...  :lol:

I know there's a mashup of various freeware and payware covering portions of the Caribbean, but I'd greatly prefer a single drop-in FTX region.

And after living there for 12 years (but, alas, no more), I'd kill for FTX Hawaii.

+1. The purpose of a Caribbean scenery is to island hop amongst the dozen of spots stretching hundreds of miles. This is what ORBX scenery is meant for, not high and long, but low and short.

Archived