FTX Central File Operations?

mopperle

Due to the fact that scenery and aircraft addons get more and more demanding and use more of the available VAS as in the past, I'm trying to work with different profiles in FSX. These profiles results in different config files, especially regarding the fsx.cfg and the scenery.cfg.

As FTX Central makes changes to various config files depending on the settings in FTX Central, I would like to know what changes in detail are made so that I can avoid to mess up my config files when using different profiles and switching something on/off in FTX Central.

OK, here is a simple one which is based on my own observations only.

FTX Central makes no changes to the fsx.cfg file.

If you download and use the Scenery Config Editor, you will be able to see and manage

the changes that FTX Central makes to the scenery.cfg file.

FTX Central also makes changes to .bgl files, mostly in scenery\world\scenery, mostly

affecting airport elevation and always when changing FTX regions.

There are other changes but I doubt if they will affect any "profiles" you may wish to

create so long as you follow the usual  guide lines.

Nick's correct, no changes to the FSX.cfg are made. FTX Central does insert new entries into the scenery.cfg along with necessary insertions in the terrain.cfg. Its other functions are renaming Orbx files to turn them on and off, shuffling around autogen files, and other housekeeping tasks limited to Orbx scenery files.

Thanks for your answers guys. Especially about the scenery.cfg I was not sure. In the past I never used the "insertion point" feature and when activating an Orbx region, it was always on top. But now, ORbx is permanently present in the scenery.cfg at the place where I pointed it too. So obviously it was there all the time but simply moved up by FTX Central.

Archived