Error message when loading Northern Calf.

allan prewett

Hello,

Order FSS027588

3/4 of the way through the unwrapping I get an error message;

'Extract:error writing to file OrbxFTXNAGoldNCA100.exe'

If I click OK, it reads Installation Aborted.

I don't know if its related but I have been receiving another message in Central when I change regions and Apply;

'RenameUniqueFiles: Could not complete operation since a file already exists in this path

F:\FSX\Scenery\World\scenery\ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZMF_elevation_adjustment.BGL'

I was going to post a support question about the second message, but it did not seem urgent and I could not see it actually being a problem, with my limited knowledge.

Allan

Just to be clear; I don't mean to be pushy, (except I was hoping for a solution so I could fix the problem tonight and fly in what sounds like a awesome new release).

My question is; have I posted this in the wrong spot, or not done something so as not to receive support?

I just don't want to be waiting if I have done something wrong.

Thanks

Allan 

Hi Allan,

it really sounds as though you have a bad download. I recommend re-downloading NCA using a download manager such as IDM, Getright.

With the other error message, it indicates that you have the "ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZMF_elevation_adjustment.BGL" file present as well as "ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZMF_elevation_adjustment.OFF". These adjustment files are switched on & off when switching regions.. Just delete the ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZMF_elevation_adjustment.BGL file file and then apply the Oceania region.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm having the same problem and same error message with a downloaded version. I've used IDM version 6.19 for downloading the file and have tried three times; each try has led to this error message about 3/4 of the way through.

This is with FTX Global and Vectors installed running P3D v. 2.2. Thanks for any help.

Hi Holger,

Sorry, I'm getting the first one: 'Extract: Error writing to the file: OrbxFTXNAGoldNCA100.exe' during installation. 

I'm happy to start it as a new topic if you think that's a better idea.

Thanks,
Eric

Archived