KRDD AI and ATC problem

teeboy

Really enjoying NCA and Redding Muni - possibly your best location yet. I am having an issue with AI using the FTX NA AI packages - they all taxi to the hold and pile up on top of each other (and through me!), also sometimes the AI will taxi into position and hold for ever with other AI landing over them.

The ATC issue - again 'taxi and hold' with no clear to takeoff given by ATC and on landing I get the ATC 'contact ground' call immediately instead of when taxying off the runway.

I havent tried re-installing KRDD yet - having too much fun with it ;-)

Should have added I am using World of AI packages as well (converted to FSX format). No, not default AI, as I said above I am using the Orbx NA AI package (patched to 1.20) downloaded from the Freeware section. I dont get this behaviour at other FTX fields I have for PNW (although this is the first I have with tower controlled traffic). The traffic parking on top of each other (and me!) doesnt happen at other fields.

I am using the Editvoicepack modified ATC tho (set for FAA areas). Never noticed the problem with 'taxi into position and hold' then getting no takeoff clearance before tho when using it in the AU regions at YSCH for instance.

G'day Teeboy,

Thanks for the nice comments, glad to hear you are enjoying Redding :) 

In regards to your issues - no need to look at re-install. There were a few minor issues that have presented themselves with the APX file for KRDD, and we're working in the background to fix these as we speak. Rather than confusing everyone by having multiple versions of this file floating around the forums, I'll wait until we've this fixed before releasing a hotfix replacement. I'll report back once we've got that sorted for you.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Thanks for the response Jarrad, I'll wait for the patch.Cracking work on Redding in any case.Something about the general appearance of the NCA region - it just feels realistic and Redding fits right in there with it. Ive got Broome with my AU install and thats excellent too, but for some reason this latest beats it!

Regards,

Nick T

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hate sending these to you one at a time Jarrad but, I'm finding them as I fly around (no doubt, I'm enjoying this airport!)  Runway 30 at KRDD as well as both runways at Benton, the PAPIs aren't working.  (Benton is really nice...really is a dog park there!)

Gregg

Archived