NCA Airport oddities in P3D2

Ariel

Thought I'd mention this in case it's a issue that might ring a bell with someone:

In connection with a few elevation problems Holger said elsewhere that a last minute re-compile of the NCA airfields in ADE to fix P3D issues might have led to other issues.  Maybe this is connected.  I have FSX and P3D2 on the PC, and have NCA installed on both.  I fly both for comparison.

I noticed flying in P3D2 that at some NCA airfields (can't now recall which) I found a few ground signs in the middle of taxiways.  The last place I found this was on Taxiway B at KCCR.  I assumed that the Orbx KCCR ADE bgl file would be the same in both FSX and P3D2, so opened up my copy of ADE and looked at the FSX bgl.  Nothing wrong with it - taxi signs all placed correctly.  So I then started FSX and went to KCCR - nothing wrong - no misplaced signs on the taxiway.

I then went back to P3D2, and the signs were in middle of the taxiway.  I then started up ADE, loaded the P3D KCCR bgl file and connected it to P3D.  I noticed something odd.  Although I was on the taxiway in the sim, ADE showed me off to one side of it, which is why the taxiway sign (in the right place) was smack in the way!  Going back to the sim I then noticed that the taxiway (B), which is quite long, had a distinct S-bend in it (It's straight in ADE).  In the southern half of the airfield it was correctly aligned with ADE (and the signs were all correct too), but in the northern half of the airfield the taxiway had moved off to one side - thus the s-bend curve I could see looking down it.

As I said, FSX is fine.  This was just in P3D2.  I don't know if this is repeatable with others or not, or if it happens at many other airfields.  Just thought I'd let you know about it - it might give someone a clue about something.

Ariel

Hi Ariel,

I'm not seeing the issues you're describing; see attached screenshots. It does sound to me as if you perhaps have a third-party version of the airport active in P3D while looking (in ADE) at ours? I'd suggest a search for "KCCR" of your entire P3D folder tree to check whether anything non-FTX pops up.

Cheers, Holger 

post-375-0-62577300-1394823447_thumb.jpg

post-375-0-86944200-1394823454_thumb.jpg

Archived