FTX Global Lights Configurator (Alpha preview)

Hi John,

don´t know if you will implement this, so please just take it as an idea or suggestion.

Maybe it makes sense to be able to set it all lights to "ORBX default": I can imagine that we´ll change and change and change the lights but finally we come the comclusion to just use the default values. Then there should be a button "default" that we´ll click and get your default values.

Hi!

I guess JV will soon update the announcement thread with a new screenshot; there will not only be an option "Set Default Values" but also the possibility to save / load profiles.

Bernd

The app name is "FTX Global Lights configurator".  I guess the new app will be also working with FTX scenery and many local airport sceneries even w/o having FTX GLOBAL. Will this app be located in FTX Central like the "old" light configurator?

Wulf

The app name is "FTX Global Lights configurator".  I guess the new app will be also working with FTX scenery and many local airport sceneries even w/o having FTX GLOBAL. Will this app be located in FTX Central like the "old" light configurator?

Wulf

I'm quoting JV from the announcement thread:

Please note that this app will work for BOTH FTX Global *and* any of our FTX Regions which have been upgraded to use the new lighting system, which thus far is Australia SP4, NCA, SAK, and PNW, with more to come. Until all our regions are upgraded, you can use a combination of the old app and this new app.

We're still evaluating where the App will be installed / launched from.

Bernd

One question - I don't know how the new ORBX lighting system is implemented, but does it use any 'standard' FSX textures that are (or may be) used for other purposes (e.g. halo.bmp) ? i.e. when I reduce the size of my FTXG lights using the tweaker, will I also see changes to other effects in FSX ? Or does the ORBX lighting system use only its own exclusive textures ?

Archived