FTX Global and Liverpool (EGGP) default texture issue

Dazkent

Hello

I am really pleased with FTX Global however I have a problem that i can't find a solution for. When using  runway 9 of the default Liverpool airport (EGGP) I am getting a strange texture issue. When the sim first loads everything is fine however then strange textures start popping up, I have enclosed some screenshots to explain.

It looks like the sea is right on the runway

OW0yA.jpg

A different view of the problem

0tA95.jpg

Top down view of the problem clearly shows the global texures where is should be grass

bjHi.jpg

close up view

13oF9.jpg

And yet when I fly over the runway it seems to clear up

7LbBq.jpg

But as soon as i touch down the bad textures start coming back, can anyone help me solve this issue?

Hello

Here are my files according to FTX Central

FTX AA ORBX LIBRARIES VER 140302 2nd March 2014
FTX GLOBAL BASE PACK - Version 1.20 December 2013
FTX openLC Base Region Version 1.10 - September 2013

FTX openLC Europe Region 1 (Baltics Demo) Version 1.10 - September 2013

FTX openLC North America Region 1 Version 1.00 - September 2013

I updated Obrx Libraries today but still have the problem :(

Hi there,

I can confirm the issue but it's actually unrelated to FTX Global as it shows up in default FSX as well, without any add-ons installed. Something appears to be wrong with the default Liverpool grass skirting polygon and FTX Global only changes textures not the landclass raster or polygon files that place those textures. It's not occurring with the EGGP version included with FTX England, which does add its own grass polys. Assuming that you don't want to purchase that region just to fix Liverpool airport you could look for a third-party (freeware) add-on for the airport that may include a fix.

Cheers, Holger

HI Holger

Thank you for your reply, in a way I am glad its a problem with FSX and not global as I really like the product, I also have the same problem at Manchester (EGCC) but its no where near as bad (just at the very beginning of the runway)  the other default airports I fly from are all ok. I do have the Uk2000 airport for Manchester which I have not got around to installing yet and may purchase the Liverpool one.

I am seriously thinking about purchasing FTX England for my first region.

Kind regards

Darran

Archived