England Issue #3: Blackpool, flat & incomplete buildings, cutting streets and blurry gound

Stillwater

Hi there,

please find enclosed a 3rd example of confusing weaknesses of England scenery. The basic picture over Blackpool, from 7500 ft:

534oj.jpg

Detail 1: The vector streets are cutting the photolayer in pieces, but what is annoying is the stadium - it could be greener...

75ol1.jpg

Detail 2: The airport buildings are completely flat, with incomplete & flickering roofs. The blurry photo layer of the houses nearby does not satisfy me either (even after 50 seconds of paused loading time). This example is extreme (due to the distance), but one can see it on the first picture also on nearer ground - or much worse flying low&slow.

FBy5t.jpg

Can I tweak something better to overcome these issues?

Thank you Dieter, that is confirming my observations. At least "we are in the same boat". Now we just need a common workaround - or a patch.

While I shouldn't wade into this, I have to say that Dieters screenshots do not show the same thing as yours at the airport as far as I can see.  And as always in FSX, road vector scenery is always overlaid on top of urban textures.  Unless you custom build a city the road vectors will always crisscross the texture depiction of city texture.

Also the autogen level in the post #1 is very low or something as I have tons of houses.

Perhaps a different texture, which are available, a more random city block layout,would show less dramatic alignment issue. 

This issue is why the ultimate terrain scenery series use a control panel that allows the user to turn on and off the road vector scenery at differing levels so that if it bothers you then you can turn it off.

cheers; Bryan

Thanks for your post, Brian, so I can get into detail...

While I shouldn't wade into this, I have to say that Dieters screenshots do not show the same thing as yours at the airport as far as I can see. 

->             Correct, I see the airport buildings more flat in my sim.

And as always in FSX, road vector scenery is always overlaid on top of urban textures.  Unless you custom build a city the road vectors will always crisscross the texture depiction of city texture.

->            Thanks, so I will not care about this any more.

Also the autogen level in the post #1 is very low or something as I have tons of houses.

->             I have autogen on "very dense". Not much room to increase...

cheers; Bryan

I will keep on working on the scenery library entries, and will report any improvements - if I have. Any more feedback, for example from ORBX staff, would be appreciated.

Hi Gerold,

not sure what to say other than what has already been shown by the other user's screenshots: clearly you are using a different/conflicting add-on for Blackpool airport and at "Very Dense" you should see way more autogen unless your Level of Detail is set to "Small" and/or you took the screenshots from a significant distance with a high zoom level (which leads to distance-dependent drop-out of autogen and can be improved to some extent by higher Level of Detail settings).

The only issue I can confirm is the flickering grass surface of the stadium; looks like it sits on sloped terrain, which could be improved by a local flatten.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Gerold,

not sure what to say other than what has already been shown by the other user's screenshots: clearly you are using a different/conflicting add-on for Blackpool airport and at "Very Dense" you should see way more autogen unless your Level of Detail is set to "Small" and/or you took the screenshots from a significant distance with a high zoom level (which leads to distance-dependent drop-out of autogen and can be improved to some extent by higher Level of Detail settings).

The only issue I can confirm is the flickering grass surface of the stadium; looks like it sits on sloped terrain, which could be improved by a local flatten.

Cheers, Holger

I followed your hint to locate potential double scenery files  - and indeed there were lots I had for England, which were created before 11/2012. That means before release of FTX ENG. I removed the files - and the conflicts, like the airport buildings. 

I can also confirm the zoom/autogen/blurryness effect - this was just to precisely show my issues. But now, as these are solved... 

Thanks, Holger!

Archived