England Issue #2: Southampton

Stillwater

When my 12-year-old daughter saw this picture, she was disappointed: The buildings in Southampton dock & fairground area are fully generic (that would be acceptable), but the coastline is straight and cuts it in pieces. Any faults with coastline settings I could have made? Or is this scenery-inherent?

Y4CTF.jpg

FTX EU EGHI SOUTHAMPTON AIRPORT VERSION 1.0 - September 2013

FTX EU ENG England v1.00 Patch 003 - 28 June 2013

FTX AA ORBX LIBRARIES VER 140201 1st February 2014

Hi Gerold,

looks the same for me so it's what the source data provided. Further complaints should be directed to UK's Ordnance Survey as I believe that's where the UK team got most of their spatial data from  :ph34r:

Also, this might be a good springboard to get your young daughter interested in FS scenery design; can't have enough of those...

Cheers, Holger

Hi Gerold,

looks the same for me so it's what the source data provided. Further complaints should be directed to UK's Ordnance Survey as I believe that's where the UK team got most of their spatial data from  :ph34r:

Also, this might be a good springboard to get your young daughter interested in FS scenery design; can't have enough of those...

Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger,

a) a pity we cannot correct it easily

B) will ask my daughter if she wants to send an application  ::) ...

You should check google maps.

This is a dock area and looks the same as your screenshot

Thanks Glenn. I did not check Google, as I have been there and know the dock & fairground. However, if the data source for the scenery design is this way, it cannot be changed, I fear...  ???

Archived