Have any problems been reported with the YPLC v1.5 release under P3D 2.1?

I just have a quick question. As the subject line suggests, I seem to be having an issue with the Port Lincoln scenery under the most recent release of Prepar3d. I tried three times to have my aircraft positioned at YPLC. Each time, the Prepar3d program froze and crashed (appearing to happen as I panned the view around). Once I disabled the YPLC scenery, I was able to position the plane, start up, taxi, and take off with no problems. By the way, no worries if no-one has a suggestion for a solution; It was more out of curiosity than anything else.

If it's of any help, I have Australia SP4 running as well (Order Number is FSS0262826).

i 've the same problem but with the last YRED. If i chose to begin directly on the runway my P3dv2.1 crashed (and return on the default scene). If i decide to position my plane on a gate then go to the runway, the take off is ok.

i will try with YPLC .....

i 've the same problem but with the last YRED. If i chose to begin directly on the runway my P3dv2.1 crashed (and return on the default scene). If i decide to position my plane on a gate then go to the runway, the take off is ok.

What aircraft (or aircrafts, as the case may be) did you have loaded when P3D v2.1 crashed on you at YRED?

I seem to have narrowed the issue down to something in the GA traffic. In the "Prepar3D.cfg" file, if I change the GADensity value to 0 (GADensity=0) and set myself up at ether YPLC or YRED ( I installed the Redcliffe scenery as well) I don't have any issues with P3D crashing.

I may be having an issue with the FTX AU AI Traffic 4.1 Update package. I've removed the files "Traffic_FTX Aust-NZ Airlines.bgl", "Traffic_FTX GA Traffic.bgl", and "Traffic_FTX International Airlines.bgl", and I'll give it another go tomorrow (it's getting a little too late to test tonight).

I've already posted elsewhere that there are a number of aircraft in the FTX AI Traffic pack which cause P3D V2 to crash. That is why I have not released a P3D V2 version of the traffic pack to date. All of the offending aircraft are in the GA traffic files so if you must have AI traffic, stick to the Airlines only.

I'm still working on trying to get all the aircraft fixed but with very little success so far. The situation is not helped by the fact the developers of these AI aircraft models have long since left the flight sim scene along with all their source files.

I'm still working on trying to get all the aircraft fixed but with very little success so far. The situation is not helped by the fact the developers of these AI aircraft models have long since left the flight sim scene along with all their source files.

Thanks Graham - and as has already been stated by many people on the forums, I very much appreciate the time and effort you're putting in "P3Difying" the various scenery packages (obviously whatever time-machine/cloning solution you've come up with to create multiple versions of yourself has been successful - keep puttin' them boys to work!).

Archived