can Release Announcements thread be locked?

dbrum

I think Orbx developers and Administrators deserve as much praise as possible given the simulation environment we now enjoy thanks to there hard work and no doubt "free time" given by them.Are we seriously so nit picky to deny them some praise for the hard work? Does it really matter where it is put?I enjoy looking at the comments because it gives me some understanding of how happy the purchaser is with there scenery and helps me gain some insight on my next purchase. I am sure this is not the time for me to use a colorful Metaphor,although I would like too.

Let them keep there pats on the back! Keep it the way it is, as said above 10 years has worked so far! 

Lock it. The thank you's should go somewhere else. They become annoying.

It might be just me, but if you have read the release announcement, then why would you click back on the thread? Unless you were wanting to read the comments that followed, which consist of Thankyou posts and the occasional misplaced support topic.

The alternative is a litany of new threads (probably with cryptic titles; don't get me started) which you will find more annoying.

My tip: read the release announcement (typically the first post) when the product is released. Then don't click it again!

Lock it. The thank you's should go somewhere else. They become annoying.

Then you don't deserve what the developers are doing for all of us. How on earth can you say the thank you's are annoying? This thread was (I think) about a restructure. Nothing wrong with new ideas and debate. However, knocking the very people who give us something most of us cannot, even in our wildest dreams, achieve is not at all constructive.

Roger

How about if most of the threads aren't pinned?  There were new posts for me the other day in that forum and I had to go to the second page, past all the pinned threads to see the thread with new posts.  When the pinned threads take up a full page, there is a problem with threads never being unpinned.

Archived