Mark overstepped

chumley

All

A couple of days ago in a post to the 'Emmsies Birthday' thread I stepped across the mark with what have been described to me as 'sarcastic and nasty' remarks. 

As I result I was banished to the back blocks for a time and then had my posts monitored for a couple of days.

It was not my intention to cause concern or angst amongst those viewing and posting  to the thread and the boards in general and for that I am sorry.

I understand the reasons behind the temporary banishment and take on board that I have a responsibility to 'self moderate' and generally 'pull my head in'.

I will adopt a more considered position in relation to my future posts.

Regards

Andy b 

Andy, mate, throughout my life I have observed that "reliable" are those who recognize their conditions "not perfect yet", so they feel in constantly improving! I'm also always trying to be a little better ... always trying!

You certainly gave a jump to be more reliable!

Thank you very much... man...

Cheers,

Sinesio

I didn't see it.  Self moderation sucks but its a necessity.  Its kinda weird...you shove your personality into a box and they accuse you of being withdrawn and distant but if you let your personality out they look at you in horror.  and life goes on...

or maybe its just me.

Don't sweat it Andy. This is the most tightly moderated forum I have ever observed.

Go spend 20 minutes on Frugals. Sarcastic and nasty are celebrated. Mower and Aragon would get about 4 posts in here before they were banished permanently by JV personally. If forums were public drinking venues, then Frugals would be a strip-bar for bikers and ORBX would be a health conscious juice-bar. All that to say there are very different online cultures, which is a good thing.

And, sometimes the tongue-in-cheek stuff you can convey over a beer in person just doesn't translate in a written online forum. So you lose some of the nuance. I do that a lot where I try to be funny or sarcastic, like I would in person, and it just comes off wrong.

What comes off quite well, however, is owning up to your occasional short-comings (perceived or real) in a sincere manner - like you did here. Even online, not everybody can do that. So respect for that.

Sorry guys. I beg to differ.

Self moderation doesn't suck at all. It is about consideration for others. That is sadly lacking in some parts of the online world.

Sarcasm is very risky on online forums, even when accompanied by various emoticons.

Thank you for the apology, Andy.

Now we can get back to flightsimming.

Archived